Friday, November 9, 2012

You Buy it, You Wear it

I'm really getting a kick out of prints lately. I found this top on the weekend trip to Kohl's. When I saw the price tag, I was interested. When I saw that there were some threads coming undone, I knew that (possibly) meant an additional 15% discount. {Did you know some stores will give you a discount if an item is 'damaged'?-- I'm still not sure what constitutes as damaged or not, but I always ask just in case.} With a 15% coupon from my email, this top came out to $7.80. Not too shabby.

Occasion: Teaching
Top: Lauren Conrad c/o Kohl's
Cardigan, Necklace, Pants: The Limited
Heels: Anne Klein c/o DSW
I know what you're thinking. "Kate, you're getting a little carried away with the shopping this week."  My shopping buddy suggested that if a week had gone by and I still hadn't worn my purchases, to take them back. She said, "My policy is that if I buy something, I wear it right away. If I haven't worn it after a week, I take it back." What do you think about this strategy? I probably wouldn't own half the clothes I do if I knew of this strategy (and lived by it) two years ago.

I should probably follow her advice, since I have a pair of ankle booties that have been sitting in my closet for a month, and I have yet to wear them. But when I got them, they were $25. I returned them though, since I didn't wear them after a month. Then I re-purchased them for $20. And again, some time went by, and I finally decided to exchange them for the black ones. Then one night I decided I had to have them, and went back to get them. For $15. This weekend I saw that they have been marked up to $25. Sigh. What is a girl to do?

Should I just return them for one last and final time, or bite the bullet and force myself to wear them? What would you do? Have you been in a predicament like this before? And how would you style them?



                                                          Source: kohls.com via a journey on Pinterest

24 comments:

  1. This top is cute! And the outfit is very nice and seems just perfect for teaching :)!
    What do you think about my last outfit? Here it's already pretty cold an rainy so I moved from wearing tops to wearing woolen sweaters ;)
    Hope you are enjoying your weekend!?
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know what you mean with the summer-y shorts. I bought these cord- ones only for fall and winter and I'm sooo happy I found them in an outlet store in the internet ;). I don't like to wear summer shorts in winter neither. I would love to get some woolen ones...
    Now I'm curious to see if you gonna wear some shorts on top of leggings soon :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep the boots for $15! That's a great buy, and booties are big for fall...put them with skirts, dresses, etc....they will be so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice blog you have...wanna follow each other?
    please follow with GFC, just leave me a comment and I'll follow u back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  5. hello Dear:) Nice blog and outfit:) of course I follow you now and I hope you follow back:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. hi pretty:) of course it would be great follow each other, now i follow you :) nice top by the way !! xx

    www.nope-thanks.blogspot.com

    www.nope-thanks.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely blog, I'd love for us to follow each other! :)xx
    colourful-inspiration.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great outfit post and lovely blog ! I am following you sweetie :D

    http://ilovefashionizabela.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lauren Conrad has the best clothes! Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks for visiting my blog. Im following you now and wait for you to follow me back :)

    Xo
    Arleene

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great win on the print:) I think if you are still excited about the shoes, you should keep them. It depends on how giddy you feel like when you envision them in an outfit:)

    Teodora
    Teodora's Lookbook

    ReplyDelete
  12. so cute! i love the yellow with the print! i am now following and i would love if you followed back :-)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love the top with the sweater! Great look.

    <3 Melissa
    wildflwrchild.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the top!! What a steal! I would definitely keep the booties. I'm doing a post on suede booties tomorrow...I'm a big fan!
    xoAmy
    www.dreamingincashmere.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Here I am following back!
    http://namelessfashionblog.blogspot.it/
    http://www.facebook.com/NamelessFashionBlog

    ReplyDelete
  16. Nice color combination! I love the floral printed top. It is well paired with the neon sweater. Amazing style!

    buy human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  17. Lovely top! yes, we can follow each other! i new follower and waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete
  18. I loved the printed top! And wear that booties! They're so trendy!!
    thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment!
    I'm following you via GFC now, would you like to follow me too:)
    thank you
    http://styleglaze.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. I love Lauren Conrad's stuff at kohls (I'm wearing her blazer in today's post!) - the floral pretty is gorgeous and I love the colors!

    XO
    Pearls & Paws

    ReplyDelete
  20. love Your cute cardigan <3 of course it would be great to follow each other :) following You now :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. I think it's a *great* rule to shop by! I also have too many items I wore once or never.. I know it now, because I'm busy with setting up a shop on my blog.
    The story about booties is great:D
    Why don't you wear them? Are they not your style? Maybe you should sit down and think of at least 3 outfits to wear with them. Don't let yourself be carried away by the low price - if you won't wear them, they will just take place in your closet. Saying that, I do love them, I own a pair just like that and they're a basic in my wardrobe:)

    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I think that's my problem-- I haven't been able to come up with 3 outfits to wear them with. People have suggested "dresses and skirts", but that isn't helpful because I don't think these booties go with every dress or skirt. Also, since it's so cold out now, can I wear them with black tights, or do I need to wear a brown or some other color? If I wear them with skinny jeans, do I tuck the jeans into the booties, or roll them up? Ah, decisions decisions.

      Delete
  22. Love the color of that cardi and those heels are a-maz-ing!

    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  23. Thanks for visiting our blog!
    I would love if we followed each other, I'm following you now ^^
    Very cute outfit and very nice blog!
    Hope you have a great week!

    http://neonvoltage.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...