Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Sunshine Award

 

I'm delighted to announced that Tiffany of Style Sidebar has nominated me for a Sunshine Award! You should really go check out her blog. Right now. I mean it. She has such a classy work-ready style, but keeps it spicy with some stellar everyday looks. 

So here are my responses to the questions Tiffany asked: 

1. What is your passion? Ah, good question. I've been trying to figure out the answer to that one myself lately. My go to answer is: Philosophy, fashion, and bears. But really I love animals so much (especially puppies and grizzly bear cubs), and I really enjoy working with children. I'm finally old enough where my college students feel like kids to me. I love having fun, dancing to the beat of my own drum, and just trying to make each day count.

2. What is your favorite time of day? Another toughie. It's a tie between bedtime, dinner, and coming home. My days are so exhausting that I look forward to sleep so, so much. I love food and getting to spend time with the hubby, so dinner time is a favorite. And coming home from school/work is the third favorite because I get to see my dogs, and they are always so happy to see me. Even if I've had a crummy day, I can't stay mad when I am greeted by two wagging tails.

3. What was your favorite part of today? Submitting student paper grades. (It's a real load off the shoulders.)

4. If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be and why? Permanently? No one. For the day? Casey Anderson. He has a pet bear, Brutus. (See what I mean when I say I love bears? I really do.) It'd would also be interesting to trade places with someone in the fashion industry, or a celebrity. Although if I traded places with the latter, I'd immediately donate a great chunk of their money to OxFam, Save the Music, and WWF (World Wildlife Fund).

5. What do you want to do in the future? Make a difference in the world.

6. What are three qualities you look for in a friend. A sense of humor, a good head on the shoulders, and similar core values (honesty, trust, respect, consideration of others).

7. What is your favorite book? I don't really have one, so the book of Proverbs from the Bible. Regardless of religious affiliations, it has some really powerful statements in there, especially about wisdom. I guess my appreciation for it is a direct reflection of my philosophical nature.

8. If your life was made into a movie, what would the title be? Heart. (Or "The Driving Heart")

9. What's your favorite song of all time? All time? I don't know. Most of my adolescence: I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys. Past few years: anything by Johannes Linstead.

10. What's your favorite scent? In small doses: Sleeping puppies. In large doses: freshly baked bread.

And now for my nominations... 
There are a few bloggers who have founds ways to establish a connection with me, and for that, they deserve all the sunshine in the world. Since I don't really have that to give, I hope they can settle for the Sunshine Award. So, here's to you: Heather of H&K Style Journey, Lauren of Pretty Pieces, Whitney of PolishedandPink, Larissa of C'est ne que de la chance. I hope you answer these same questions and pass the award on to others :-)

6 comments:

  1. THANK you so much Kate! This is lovely!
    Now I am off to the fair- I decided to wear the blue dress today. Don't now yet about tomorrow ;)
    Thank you again!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for your kind words, Kate! Really, that was so sweet of you! It was great reading your responses...and getting to know you just a little bit better! Hope you have a great Thanksgiving!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. thank you so much for the shout out! i really appreciate you reading and supporting my blog!

    have a happy thanksgiving!

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Kate. I always like giving and receiving these awards. The questions are the best part, as we get to know bloggers - better.

    By the way, I am newer to your page and I left you a comment yesterday. Check it out.

    http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com/2012/11/a-series-of-thanks-day-3.html#comment-form

    ReplyDelete
  5. congrats dear!!
    I invite you to visit my blog on http://laviecestchic.blogspot.it, hope that you like it!!
    xoxo Marika

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...