I'm delighted to announced that Tiffany of Style Sidebar has nominated me for a Sunshine Award! You should really go check out her blog. Right now. I mean it. She has such a classy work-ready style, but keeps it spicy with some stellar everyday looks.
So here are my responses to the questions Tiffany asked:
1. What is your passion? Ah, good question. I've been trying to figure out the answer to that one myself lately. My go to answer is: Philosophy, fashion, and bears. But really I love animals so much (especially puppies and grizzly bear cubs), and I really enjoy working with children. I'm finally old enough where my college students feel like kids to me. I love having fun, dancing to the beat of my own drum, and just trying to make each day count.
2. What is your favorite time of day? Another toughie. It's a tie between bedtime, dinner, and coming home. My days are so exhausting that I look forward to sleep so, so much. I love food and getting to spend time with the hubby, so dinner time is a favorite. And coming home from school/work is the third favorite because I get to see my dogs, and they are always so happy to see me. Even if I've had a crummy day, I can't stay mad when I am greeted by two wagging tails.
3. What was your favorite part of today? Submitting student paper grades. (It's a real load off the shoulders.)
4. If you could trade places with anyone, who would it be and why? Permanently? No one. For the day? Casey Anderson. He has a pet bear, Brutus. (See what I mean when I say I love bears? I really do.) It'd would also be interesting to trade places with someone in the fashion industry, or a celebrity. Although if I traded places with the latter, I'd immediately donate a great chunk of their money to OxFam, Save the Music, and WWF (World Wildlife Fund).
5. What do you want to do in the future? Make a difference in the world.
6. What are three qualities you look for in a friend. A sense of humor, a good head on the shoulders, and similar core values (honesty, trust, respect, consideration of others).
7. What is your favorite book? I don't really have one, so the book of Proverbs from the Bible. Regardless of religious affiliations, it has some really powerful statements in there, especially about wisdom. I guess my appreciation for it is a direct reflection of my philosophical nature.
8. If your life was made into a movie, what would the title be? Heart. (Or "The Driving Heart")
9. What's your favorite song of all time? All time? I don't know. Most of my adolescence: I Want it That Way by the Backstreet Boys. Past few years: anything by Johannes Linstead.
10. What's your favorite scent? In small doses: Sleeping puppies. In large doses: freshly baked bread.
And now for my nominations...
There are a few bloggers who have founds ways to establish a connection with me, and for that, they deserve all the sunshine in the world. Since I don't really have that to give, I hope they can settle for the Sunshine Award. So, here's to you: Heather of H&K Style Journey, Lauren of Pretty Pieces, Whitney of PolishedandPink, Larissa of C'est ne que de la chance. I hope you answer these same questions and pass the award on to others :-)