Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Sparkles and Shine

Today's outfit has been inspired by the following Pin:
                                                       Source: hkstylejourney.blogspot.com via a journey on Pinterest

The keyword, of course, is inspired.

 [Linking up with The Pleated Poppy]

I really love everything about this look, but I don't have a jacket that color, nor do I have a sparkly top like that. I do, however, have a blazer and a sequin top. 

It's too bad that I didn't snap a pic this morning before I went to school. I swear, this outfit looks so different under natural light (and even fluorescent light for that matter). Also, when the weather forecast called for 60 degrees, it didn't register to me that 60 degrees actually feels warm. So I had to take off the jacket while I taught because it was so hot.



Occasion: Teaching
Jacket: Gap {buy similar here}
Top: The Limited {buy similar here}
Chambray: Old Navy {buy similar here}
Pants: Apt 9 c/o Kohl's
Heels: Anne Klein c/o DSW
I've never layered like this before. This time last year, I would never have done something like this. I probably wouldn't have tried something like this 6 months ago, either. I have a new found fashion confidence, and it really is partly because of blogging. I have also found ways to do so much with what I have. I honestly can't remember the last time I said, "I have nothing to wear."

Has blogging affected you and your wardrobe? In what way(s)?

12 comments:

  1. This turned out great! I pinned this look and did this too. It really is a cool way to layer and the sequins work for day with the blazer. Blogging definitely made me more open to trying new things! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have that blazer but I have yet to wear it. Love how you styled it here! Great inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You recreated this outfit well!! I have been wanting to recreate that outfit out since seeing that outfit on pinterest!

    Great job! :)
    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sparkling sparkling :) this is so cute! I like it even though I am not that much into sparkles... ;)
    And as you can see on my last post, here its so cold that I better go for wool, haha.
    Have a great day dear!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your blog! Check out mine will follow back any followers!

    www.kellyjade.co.uk

    Kelly

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great blog. I would love for us to follow each other on bloglovin or GFC. Please leave me a comment or just follow me and I will follow you =)

    http://lepetitplastique.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. you look fantastic love the vest :) would you like to follow each other just let me know I wait for you on my blog :) xo xo xo

    ReplyDelete
  8. Very cute! I love how you layered this look. :) I would say blogging so far has given me more ideas on styles I'm starting to like! I never imagine I would get peplum tops.. haha..

    Thanks for stopping by my blog! I'm following you back via GFC! Keep in touch!!

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. great your look honey, i really love ittt

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really like that sequin top with the blazer. nice bright pop of colors.
    If you'd like, come by and see my blog. :)

    xxo
    ola
    www.stylesbyola.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hi Kate! I just wanted to pop over and say thank you for the comment you left today, I really appreciate it!

    And also - how adorable is this outfit? I'm little torn over what I love more -- the sequins top or the awesome pink blazer. Either way this entire look is pretty fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I am simply in love with this!!! That jacket is AH-MAZING!!!! The color looks great on you!

    Would love for you to come and link this post up at my Mommy & Me Stylin' Mondays Linky!

    http://purplekale25.blogspot.com/2012/11/mommy-me-link-up-vera-bradley-giveaway.html

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...