Monday, November 19, 2012

A Series of Thanks: Day 2

I introduced The Twelve Days of Thanksgiving yesterday. For the rest of the month, I will be picking out one thing each day that I am thankful for. These are in no particular order, and they do not necessarily reflect the twelve things I am most thankful for. It's just a way to take time - and make time - for gratitude.

I am thankful for The Weather Channel.

Today is November 19th. If it were a typical November day, I'd be dressing in layers. But when I saw that the weather was supposed to be in the high 60s today, I decided to do what anyone would do: Seize the day (or the weather), and thrown on a dress, a cardigan, and a pair of booties. 

So, thank you, Weather Channel. If it weren't for you, I'd look like most of the kids on campus today who were bundled up in their winter coats. (You can always tell on a college campus who looked at the weather forecast that morning and who didn't.)




Occasion: Attending lecture
Dress: Lauren Conrad c/o Kohl's - gift from Mom
Cardigan: Old Navy - old - gift from Mom
Necklace & Belt: The Limited
Booties: Candie's c/o Kohl's
What do you think of wearing a dress and cardigan in November? Is it weird to go bare-legged this late into fall, even if it's warm enough to?  

(After looking at some of the other photographs my husband took for me, I may decided against ever doing this again, because man oh man are my legs pale.)

[Linking up with Molly]

15 comments:

  1. Ha ha! I guess I am thankful for the weather channel too. It's important to know the weather, although I know I am getting older when that's the first thing on my mind when I get up, lol :) I love the booties and dress. This is a great outfit to stay cool and still look seasonal. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. You look so cute! You have to be the best dressed in class!! Those booties with that dress are adorable! and I love the weather channel too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice dress!

    http://initialed.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely & cozy look, dear!

    xxx
    Tatiana

    http://www.bonnie23blog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute cute!!!
    I am stopping by from the YOLO Mondays link party. And I am a new GFC follower. Yay! Happy to be a new reader. I blog over at Pointing Up, you can find me at www.dalaynadillon.blogspot.com. Hope to connect with you more soon!

    Dalayna

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your ankle booties are adorable with the dress! I wish it was warm enough here to go without tights! Thanks for following my blog, I'm following back :)

    -Sharon
    The Tiny Heart

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love those booties. I have a similar pair. I've been bare legged a few times this Fall and it was weird! Thanks for stopping by my blog...following you now.
    Tara
    Penniless Socialite

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this idea with the 12 days and 12 times thanks! This is great! We should be more thankful for all the small details in life which make our daily life better, easier and funnier :)
    And your outfit is great!
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love this look...as long as the weather allows, I say go for it! Your booties are adorable! The twelve days idea is great...it brings the focus back to the meaning of Thanksgiving!

    Thanks for your recent comment!! I nominated you for a Sunshine Award. Please visit my most recent post for details!
    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/2012/11/sunshine-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love your boots! They're perfect for fall!

    Style in the City

    ReplyDelete
  11. I LOVE your blog...Great photos!Really enjoying:)FOLLOW YOU NOW! Please check mines If you want we can follow also with bloglovin, google+, twitter and facebook?
    Come back soon to visit my blog, I'll be waiting for you!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love your booties and your necklace! And I'm jealous it was that warm! :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  14. great Outfit, love your shoes.

    ReplyDelete
  15. great outfit and blog!
    would you like to follow each other?

    xoxo
    http://staceyko.blogspot.hu/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...