Friday, November 2, 2012

Red-Orange, Brown, and JCPenney

Last night I planned two possible outfits for today: the one seen below, or the same brown pants with an aqua sweater layered over a pink shirt. Part of me wanted to wear the aqua sweater, but I just couldn't walk away from the red-orange and brown combination. I spent all day trying to figure out what I liked about the color combination, and I never came to any conclusion. When I asked one of my colleagues what the colors together reminder her of, she said, "I don't know, but you look like a J. Crew girl."



Occasion: Teaching
Shirt: H&M - old
Sweater: The Limited {buy new version here}
Pants, Necklace: The Limited
Flats: Christian Siriano c/o Payless
This is the second time this week that I wore a belt that went unseen. Oh well. 

In other news, did you know that JCPenney is having a "take an additional 30% off clearance merchandise" sale? I went with a friend tonight so she could show me a pair of shoes she wanted to get (and ended up getting). I myself found a shirt on clearance for $1. Yes, you read that correctly. One dollar. Plus 30% off = 70 cents. When is the last time you got a shirt for 70 cents (from a department store)?

Here are some other finds (for which I could find a photo)



1. I didn't get this skirt. It was $5 ($3.50 after discount). What do you think? Should I go back and get it? Would you wear it? How would you style it?

2. This top was $5 ($3.50 after discount). I really liked how long the back was. I got this top, but the one I got was more of a cream/off white color.

3. It's hard to tell, but that's bird print. AND a peter pan collar. It was a tad pricy ($7 after discount) and a couple sizes too big for me, but what are you going to do. A deal is a deal. It's really hard to pass up offers like these. 

Have you been to JCPenney recently? Have you scored any awesome deals? How do you know when you actually like something from when you just love its price?

4 comments:

  1. HA you do kind of look like a "Jcrew girl"! I like this color combo too!
    Those picks from JcPenney are awesome! Definitely all great deals - sometimes JcPenney really makes amazing deals :)
    Thanks for sharing!
    Sapir
    thesapphirequeen.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. That sweater is super cute on you! You look good in red and you DO look like a Jcrew Girl! :) I am your newest follower, I am lovin your blog! Follow me? bridgettenicole.blogspot.com
    -Bridgette

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cute look! The shoes are great too ^_^

    Love from the NaNa girls xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm about to post about my JC Penney steal from last weekend...in addition to the 30% off (which I didn't know about until I got to the counter!), I had a $10 off of $10 coupon. Score!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...