Monday, November 5, 2012

My First Time Wearing Colored Tights

Yes, that is correct. This is the first time I have ever worn colored tights before.



Occasion: Attending lecture
Button-up shirt: Gap - bought by Mom - old
Cardigan: Old Navy - bought by Mom - old
Dress: Old Navy - gift from Canada - old
Necklace: Forever 21
Belt: The Limited
Tights: HUE c/o TJ Maxx
Boots: Madden Girl - gift
I was about to walk out of the house in this outfit, but minus the cardigan. Something felt off about the light grey and pale blue next to one another. I'm glad I added the navy cardigan, but I wonder what other colors of button-up shirts and cardigans I can wear with this dress in the same way.

I have a method in trying new trends: baby steps. I refuse to dive into the deep end. Instead, I'm all about testing the waters. I'll start with dark colors, or simplified versions of a particular trend. Now that I feel comfortable with burgundy tights, who knows what lies in my future? I'm not quite sure if I will ever come around to wearing mustard yellow tights, but I said the same thing about colored pants. And look at me now last week! Do you wear colored tights? What was the first color you wore? How many colored tights do you own now?



Linking up with Glamamom and Molly!
stillbeingmolly

16 comments:

  1. This outfit came out great. I don't wear colored tights, mostly because it's too warm here (Houston)! I might try it this winter. Coming by from linkup.
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the colored tights! that dark red color totally works!

    im a big fan of fishnets, polka dots and sparkly tights, you can have a lot of fun with it

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. These tights look great with your outfit! The color really works well with the grays/blues. I love colored and patterned tights. I think my first color was hunter green. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  4. Colored tights are the best! Fun way to add a little color during the winter months!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this outfit! The burgundy tights are such a great touch. ;) I love dark or muted colored tights, but not sure I could do mustard yellow. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love this look and I actually have that same belt. Thanks for giving me another way to wear it! I don't own that Old Navy dress but I'm going to try it on if I can find it. Its such a good deal!
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this look! The tights look awesome with this outfit :)

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Don't feel bad...I just wore colored tights for the first time last week! Love this whole look!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have not worn colored tights yet - I am just too scared!! I've only been brave enough to do patterned or grey tights. I was thinking - I love your necklace and realized - wait - I have it too! You have great taste :)

    Alice
    www.happinessatmidlife.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. These tights look great on you! You can defintely wear them! I think I also need some :)
    The only outfit is really beautiful! Your blog is getting better with every post, I think :)
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  11. Loving all the layers. Great necklace too!

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  12. I've always had an aversion to colored legs.. but i have to admit i've been loving purples and burgundy this season! Love the outfit!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Great look, the colored tights look cute and I love the layers! I just picked up a pair of burgundy tights too, but I'm not sure I'll be keeping them - it's tough to think of a lot of things to pair them with, so I'm still on the fence about mine. Looking forward to seeing what else you come up with :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. I love this look! Layering is so awesome when done right. The colors you have here look great! Well done. :)

    Jill from Food, Fashion and Spark Plugs. :)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hi Kate! This is such a gorgeous necklace - such a pretty color! Thanks so much for visiting my blog earlier, I really appreciate it. I'm now following you back on GFC and look forward to reading more of your blog :)

    Lauren @ www.stylelixir.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Your colored tights are looking fantastic. I am also obsessed with these beautiful workout tights in patterns and colors. Recently saw a huge collection at Carbon38.com. It is one of best online shopping sites that deal in really nice fitness apparels from different brands.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...