Wednesday, November 7, 2012

Cover Your Buttons!

Have you ever worn a sweater over a button-up shirt? I have. Up until today, I have always been frustrated because the buttons are so obvious under the sweater- they're all like "look at me! someone tried to cover me up with a sweater, but I'm still here!" Okay, maybe not, but it feels like that some days. A week ago or so, I learned the greatest trick ever for covering your buttons. I really wish I remember where I learned this, but my memory is failing me now. The point is, you can hide those pesky buttons!

[EDIT: Awesome advice c/o Bri from Work Clothes, I Suppose. Thanks, Bri!]

You want to know the secret? 

Wear a tank top/cami OVER the button up shirt (and under the sweater). 

I know, right? Are you having that "duh" moment? Because I definitely did.

Occasion: Teaching
Sweater: Target
Button up shirt: The Limited
(Exact Stretch) Pants: The Limited
Flats: Jennifer Lopez c/o Kohl's



Linking up today with:
pleated poppy

16 comments:

  1. Hee hee! Isn't it amazing at how many "duh" moments we have? I do this all the time :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hah! Great tip, I didn't even think to do that. This will definately help with the thinner sweaters!

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I loved that tip too - pretty sure it was on Franishh's blog (Bri left the tip in the comments!). I had never thought of it, but it totally makes sense!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well thank you!! I totally needed that tip, because I get frustrated with those buttons sticking out! :) Thanks girl!
    -Bridgette
    http://bridgettenicole.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the color of that sweater! :) Your blog is absolutely fabulous-just became a member/follower of your blog. I hope you'll follow me back and we can keep in touch. Happy Blogging!!!

    

♥ Elle

    www.thehighfeather.com 
    High Feather Twitter
    High Feather Facebook
    High Feather Bloglovin

    ♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥♥

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. BTW thanks for stopping by my blog and the sweet comment!! Excited to see your next post :)

      Delete
  6. following you now...love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lovely casual style. The sweater is really cute and looks great on you <3
    xo

    glamDevils

    ReplyDelete
  8. Wow, I never thought to layer a cami over a button-up shirt. This is genius - thank you for sharing!! =)


    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete
  9. OK, now I feel really dumb that I never thought of that. Duh! Thanks for stopping by my Navy and Green post today:)
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. definitely a duh moment! lol
    Thanks for stopping by my blog, following you now on gfc/77

    x Cammie

    ReplyDelete
  11. Duhhhhhhh! Why didn't I think of it before! Thanks for sharing it!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  12. Such a great idea...holds the shirt flat and smooth so it sits under sweater!! Love it!!!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...