Thursday, November 8, 2012

Clearance Racks

I stumble upon a lot of "advice" on other fashion blogs. I frequently remember what was said, but rarely remember who it was said by. I say "advice" because one blogger told her readers not to shop in the clearance section, because you'll only find the stuff that nobody else wanted. {If you were the one who wrote this, I mean no offense.}

This past weekend, I went to Kohl's and JCPenney to find some burgundy tights. I didn't find the tights there, but what I found was a whole lot of goodness on the clearance racks. Two of the items I bought are featured today.

Say hello to my $3.25 top and $8.33 jeans.




Occasion: Attending class
Top: JCPenney
Skinny jeans: Elle c/o Kohl's
Flats: Jennifer Lopez c/o Kohl's
Are the clearance racks the first place you go when you enter a store? They always have been for me. My mom was so good at finding amazing discounts for me growing up. I must have finally inherited the gene. Can I get a woot woo?!

What's your take on clearance racks? Will you buy something just because it costs a few bucks? Or does you steer away because the clearance racks are just "full of the stuff nobody wanted to pay full price for"?

9 comments:

  1. Whoever said not to shop the clearance racks was crazy. I don't believe it's because nobody wanted something. Most stores rotate stock so fast, it doesn't seem like it even takes long for something to go on clearance. I like to stalk things that I like and wait for it to go on clearance. Who doesn't want to save a little bit of cash? Kohl's has some fabulous clearance sections with great stuff. Both items you got are awesome :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am so right there with you!!! I just went to Kohl's as well and had quite some luck finding amazing deals. I have found some of my favorite pieces on the "frowned upon" clearance racks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Super cute outfit! I think clearance is the best way to find things sometimes! Nothing wrong with a sale!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lovely casual look!Nice blog. What about following each other?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Haha, I can't believe someone wrote that about clearance racks! I mean, I get the idea to some extent, but most of us are on serious budgets and probably head to the clearance racks first - at least that is what I do!

    That top is seriously so cute - I haven't been to Kohl's in ages, but it looks like I need to :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I recently read the same advice, and I think it was Jill from Good Life for Less.

    I almost exclusively shop off the clearance racks, but I agreed with the main point of her advice, which is that we shouldn't buy things just because they are on sale, or just because they are a few dollars. I used to buy things that I probably shouldn't have bought, just because they were $5 or less, and then I would have these pieces that I never wore. I just have to remind myself that it would be better to spend $30 on one item that I will wear frequently than to spend $5 each on 6 things that I might wear once or twice.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Andi, you make some good points. I just interpreted her as belittling the clearance racks. I prefer to buy the items I will wear more frequently, but I try to keep an eye on the piece and wait until it goes on sale (not just a 30% off sale- rather a real, true sale). I think it's all about balance, and not buying something just because it's on a great deal, but also knowing what you really want. I've had purple skinny jeans on my list for a long time, but also didn't feel like they were worth more than $15. When I found them for $9 on clearance, I was satisfied. I ultimately try to put values on items, and pay what I think it deserves.

      Thanks for your interpretation and feedback :)

      Delete
  7. I love clearance racks! Nice flats :) I'm following you now. Would you like to follow me back?

    XOXO,
    YVette

    www.flawlessfashionistastyles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love clearance racks too, you can definitely find some great stuff there! As mentioned already, I think the key is just remembering not to impulse buy a bunch of cheap items you won't wear just because they're good deal, but other than that, I'm all over it!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...