Thursday, November 1, 2012

Biting the Bullet

I came up with an outfit quite some time ago. I have a striped sweater and colored crops. I decided weeks ago that I wanted to wear them together. What has been holding me back is footwear. Apparently it's socially unacceptable to go around barefoot (and honestly, it's just too darn cold to anyway). 

I finally decided that I couldn't wait any longer, and that I would just wear the outfit with a pair of boots. I put on my cognac boots this morning, only to replace them with my dark brown ones. Immediately after putting those on, I took them off and put on my grey ones. I was still dissatisfied, but the clock was ticking. I finally said, "screw it," and walked out the door with the grey ones on.





Occasion: Attending class
Striped Top: Loft
Purple Tank: Forever 21
Necklace: gift from Brazil
Crops: Loft
Boots: Payless
{I am wearing a necklace-- it just got flipped behind my hair somehow.}

What do you think of my choice in grey boots? Would you have chosen cognac or dark brown boots instead? Or would you have opted for an alternative? It was too cold to wear flats this morning and to let me ankles be exposed to the harsh winds, but maybe that's the price to pay? 

If you have more than one pair of boots, how do you choose which color boots you are going to wear?

9 comments:

  1. I love grey boots! I have two pairs.. one that are Uggs and the other suede tall ones I got at the Rack. Grey I feel goes with a lot of colors so I wear them a lot. Love your casual look with all the colors. :)

    Thank you so much for finding me that link to the fox sweater from AvecAmber's blog! hehe.. It's what I was picturing in my head when thinking how it would look like. My pup looks like a fox which is why I thought it would be so cute to have. ^__^

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the second link! You're so sweet for finding it for me. :)

      Delete
  2. I always spend about 10 minutes trying on all of my boots with my outfits too! hahaha
    For me brown pairs best with brighter colors because it tones them down a little bit. Grey can work too but I wear my grey boots with just about everything all the time so I'm a little biased.

    xo Jayne from http://somuchfashionsolittlespace.blogspot.cpm

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun outfit! Love the color combo :)

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi darlin! Love your striped yellow sweatshirt! Just found your blog and am your newest follower on GFC #71 and bloglovin #15! Check out my blog if you'd like! Thanks:)!

    Rita @ www.CoastWithMe.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. The grey boots are fine! I love that you are getting more mileage out of your crops too. Cute sweater :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! I love the color of the pants.

    I would have gotten hung up on foot wear too. That's why I haven't been able to buy colored pants. Well, I have a pair of pink corduroys that I've worn once because shoes are an issue.

    Have a great weekend!

    Brandi @ The Pink Polka Dot Blog

    ReplyDelete
  7. what a FUN color combination!

    p.s. i just stumbled across your blog and am totally your newest follower. :)
    dash dot dotty

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...