Monday, November 26, 2012

A Series of Thanks: Day 9

Can we take a minute to discuss the temperature fluctuation? In the past week, we have the temperature get as high as 70 and as low as 30. It's supposed to drop to 17 degrees tonight, but there's no sign of snow in our forecast. Pooh.

In any case, I am thankful for caffeinated beverages. It's my busiest time of year-- not only do I have one term paper due each week for the next three weeks, but I also have students bombarding me with emails asking to meet with me (in hopes that they can get their grades bumped). It's frustrating, but it's nothing that a cup of coffee or glass of pop can't fix. {In emergency situations: Red Bull}




up close shot {detail} of the pants



Occasion: Attending lecture
Cham
bray top: Old Navy {buy similar here or here}
Cardigan: Banana Republic - gift c/o Mom
Scarf: The Limited {buy similar here}
Watch: Premier Jewelry - gift c/o Sis-in-law
Pants: Elle via Kohl's {similar}
Booties: Candie's via Kohl's {similar}

I am not sure whether I am unsatisfied with the process I went through putting this outfit together, or the outfit itself. The inner dialogue with myself went something like this...
1. "Let's go with purple pants today."
2. "What to wear on top? Umm.. a button up shirt. Chambray matches with the purple."
3. "It might get cold. Add a cardigan." (This cardigan is great for layering.)
4. "Hmm... This outfit needs something else. I guess I haven't worn a scarf in a while." (Debated between purple scarf and leopard print. Both coordinate in their own way with the pants.)
5. Scarf, check. Add shoes. All tall boots looked weird. Settled on booties.
6. Grabbed white watch because I always wear a watch, and this one was right next to my phone this morning.
7. Pearl earrings to coordinate with white watch.

I still feel like something is missing. What do you think of this outfit?


[Linking up with Glamamom and  Molly!]

30 comments:

  1. I love your outfit! And I love the thought process it took for you to put this together. Very nice! :)

    xo - Sheila
    www.sheislovelyblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your outfit! I would definitely wear it. It doesn't look like anything was missing from your outfit. Looks very put together.

    ~FringeGirl

    ReplyDelete
  3. i love this look! that scarf adds something special to it :)

    Chioma
    C's Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a great outfit! Beautiful layers !

    Xo Amy,
    Would you like to stay connected through GFC and Bloglovin?
    http://stylechocolatechip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! Leopard and purple are my favorite combo.

    ReplyDelete
  6. love these pieces together
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. we like your process :) the whole look is adorable on you!!!
    those pants are fabulous, thanks for the detail photo!!!

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  8. Haha, this thought process is great! I definitely go through the same steps sometimes! I really like the combination you created! It fell together perfectly!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the inside your head comments! Very classic. Thanks for your comments on my blog. Following along here and on bloglovin! Would love for you to follow Simply Lulu as well! All the best Kate.
    XO - Lulu
    simplylulustyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. As soon as you posted the comment that my post inspired you to cut bangs I came to yours hoping to see your new bangs. Pictures please! Hope you are liking them. It takes a little getting used to, but mine are growing on me now. :)

    xo,
    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  11. I really like the leopard print touch of the scarf to the whole outfit :) You look great :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  12. hi, nice post, will you follow us to each other?

    http://losviajesysibaritismosdeauroraboreal.blogspot.com.es

    ReplyDelete
  13. great outfit! i like your scarf :)

    ReplyDelete
  14. You look so cute Kate! Love your thought process on putting the outfit together, and that scarf is awesome :)

    Annie
    The Other Side of Gray

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love this look, u think it came together perfectly.
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love your blog & this outfit! You are gorgeous! Would you like to follow eacother on Bloglovin' & GFC? If you want to let me know, will follow straight back.

    Looking forward to hearing from you!
    www.kellyjade.co.uk

    Kelly XOX

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute outfit! I don't think anything's missing, with the different fabrics and prints, you wouldn't want overkill. Think you did it just right :) Glad I stumbled upon your blog, I'm digging it.

    highheeledmama.com

    ReplyDelete
  18. Cute outfit! You'll make it through, almost there!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. Haha, I was reading the first part of your post I was thinking "that sounds familiar!" Luckily, I'm done with my Master's so I'm not working on papers or anything, but I teach a freshman course and I keep getting emails from students asking for extra credit and how they can boost their grades... Maybe they should have done the extra credit I gave them at the beginning of the semester :)

    Anyway, I really like this outfit! That cardigan is so nice - it almost looks like a blazer!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I love every single piece of this outfit!

    Another good thing to look forward to - all the seasonal coffee flavors! :D Hello, peppermint latte! Haha!

    Vanessa, 7Jaded

    ReplyDelete
  21. Great look! And I am also so thankful for caffeine. The 4am alarm this morning called for a morning and afternoon cup of coffee!!

    brenna

    ReplyDelete
  22. Love this look! Looks great with the booties : )
    Katherine
    www.jagstyleblog.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. you're so pretty!! i love the addition of the scarf!! :D

    Click me for my NEW BLOG

    ReplyDelete
  24. I love your leopard scarf - and i'm a total coffee addict.
    Chic on the Cheap

    ReplyDelete
  25. So cute... and I agree, a soda can help just about any situation! I can relate to your classroom stress, too... what grade level do you teach?

    ReplyDelete
  26. i think this outfit came together so nicely! i don't feel like anything is missing at all!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Looks great! These are the same booties I have. :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...