Tuesday, November 27, 2012

A Series of Thanks: Day 10

I am thankful for date night. Tuesday nights my husband and I like to go out to eat (usually for Mexican food-- there's nothing like being served chips and salsa immediately after being seated). I'm not sure if you call it a date, because we don't do anything fancy, but we do spend time outside of the house together, eating food, and talking-- without any distractions. It's quite nice, so I'm thankful that we make time for what we call "date night" and that we get to take a break from the hustle and bustle of the week.



Occasion: Attending class
Top: c/o The Limited
Jacket: Shade Clothing {buy here}
Necklace & Jeans: The Limited
Flats
: Jennifer Lopez via Kohl's
Boots: Lower
East Side via Payless {buy here}
It was really cold today. I've made the mistake already several time this semester of walking to the bus in flats, and ending up with really cold feet. Without fail, the husband always asks me, "Why don't you just wear real shoes for the walk? If you really want to wear flats, you could just change into them when you get to school." Silly husband. I guess he has a point. {Don't tell him I said that.}

So today I brought my flats along, and changed into them when I got to school. (I just really wanted to wear sparkle cap toe flats instead of boots today.) The room my second class was held in was freezing cold, so I changed back into my boots immediately after class.

Do you ever carry around a spare pair of shoes (or anything else from your closet for that matter)? Is it bizarre to see bare feet this time of year, even if you are indoors?

17 comments:

  1. I am soooo guilty of changing shoes because of the weather so don't feel bad hahaha
    I love those flats though!

    xoxo Jayne from http://somuchfashionsolittlespace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the flats and the striped blazer! That's what large purses/totes are for right? To carry extra shoes! :)

    Seriously though, the talk of Mexican food is making me hungry. Glad you enjoyed your date night, sounds like a fun time.

    Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Obsessed with that blazer- love black and white stripes! Love the capped toe flats ! great outfits.

    Thanks for the follow . Im following you now! You have great style.
    Xo Amy,

    http://stylechocolatechip.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Cute jacket, great price too. Mexican is my favorite as well. Chips and salsa with a marg, nothing gets better than that (well maybe all of it by the beach). Hope you two had fun :)

    polishedandpink.blogspot.com

    -Whit

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a cute blazer and I love this look with the flats!

    xo, Megan
    indie flower

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi! Lovely blog! :D
    Would you like to follow each other?

    http://theannelicious.blogspot.it/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you dear for visiting my blog! I'm following you too now!


    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am thankful for date night too, because they don't come very often for me with two kids :) I love the blazer and cap toe shoes. Adorable! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. yeah for date nights!!!!!!! and love those flats with the metallic toe :)

    xo. c & v
    cake & valley

    ReplyDelete
  10. I ALWAYS bring a pair of roll-up flats when I go out f I'm wearing heels! A Must! I'm following you and would love a follow back! Hope you’re having a great week!

    xx
    Holly Foxen Wells
    GlamourMash

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great blazer!
    Ginny
    mynewfavoriteoutfit.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. love that striped blazer, tres chic
    Xo Megan, www.TfDiaries.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. love that blazer! you look adorable!

    -Lauren
    http://ourprettypieces.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  14. of course I'll follow you! your blog is so cute, you have really cute style. those flats are to Die for!! so cute especially with that trendy blazer. Loooove me some striped blazers!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love those cap toe flats! I'm now following you! Would love if you followed back and entered my Escapada Living giveaway! xox

    Alex
    www.adoredbyalex.com

    ReplyDelete
  16. Hi Kate! I love those flats.. They are simple yet elegant, very cute!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Cute jacket! I'm such a sucker for jackets. I'd wear one everyday if they fit under my white coat :)

    styleinmiddle.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...