Wednesday, October 3, 2012

When the Weather Doesn't Match the Season

Apparently it's a week of debuts. On Monday, I wore my new crops and on Tuesday, I wore my new chambray shirt and polka dot cardigan. Today, I'd like to introduce you to a top that's been sitting in my closet for a few months. (Although it has made its internet debut, today marked its first day in public.)

Top, Cardigan, Skirt: The Limited
Shoes
: Anne Klein c/o DSW




I bought this top as soon as I saw J. model it on her blog, J's Everyday Fashion. The real reason I bought it was because I loved the way she wore it, and it only ended up costing me $8. (Somehow I manage to get really, really good deals from The Limited-- but never get as good of deals anywhere else.) I've been unsure as to how to wear it, until I saw J. pair it with a cobalt skirt.

Unfortunately (or fortunately) this morning, I decided comfort took priority over cuteness and originality. I swapped the cobalt skirt for a camel skirt and ... voila. It's not quite the debut I had in mind, but tomato tomahto, right? 

Oh, and can we talk about the weather for a moment? The forecast today called for 80 degrees, hence my decision to wear a skirt. It doesn't feel like fall, and it sure doesn't look like fall around here. So who dictates fashion (seasons)? The calendar, or the weather? Do I dress like it's October, or like it's 80 degrees outside? (And if both, how?)


I'm also linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Transatlantic Blonde!

2 comments:

  1. I love the pink with the pattern! The weather here is disgusting! If it was in the 80's I'd dress like it was summer :)

    ✰Transatlantic Blonde✰

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute outfit!!!! I love how much pink you wear - I have been looking for more bright pinks but it is hard to find one that doesn't make me look too rosy!

    Bri @ Work Clothes, I Suppose

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...