Tuesday, October 16, 2012

What's the Name of That Color Again?

Today's outfit was inspired by Audrey from Putting Me Together.




Same drill as yesterday. I looked at a picture, I realized I had the "ingredients", and so I put the outfit together and called it a day. No, I take that back. When I put my shirt on, my outfit felt incomplete. So, I added the necklace, and then I called it a day.


Shirt: Tommy Hilfger c/o ? - gift
Necklace: Amazon
Belt: borrowed from husband
Crops: Loft
Wedges: Target
By no means am I an expert with the camera (at least not yet), so believe me when I say that my shirt is soft pink. My crops, on the other hand, are more or less the color pictured. What's the name of that color again? Dark red?

Ha, I'm just kidding. I know that it's burgundy maroon varsity red crimson oxblood. {Right?} Okay, so I am clueless. I feel like Anne Hathaway in "The Devil Wears Prada." Now if I can just find my Meryl Streep....

{ignore the ad. watch the clip.}

"What you don't realize is that sweater is not just blue, it's not turquoise,
it's not lapis, it's actually cerulean."


How well do you know your colors? How do you know what distinguishes oxblood from burgundy or maroon? Are we as bloggers allowed to just slap a name on a color and be done with it?

5 comments:

  1. Love Audrey's blog and your take on her outfit. Great job! I know one thing, I don't like the name oxblood, it's scary! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. hvala ti sto si ponovo svratila na moj blog...obradovala si me komentarom.....divna si .....kao i ta ogluica uz jednostavan ali efektan outfit ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't even know what to write but you look stunning!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great outfit! Call the color whatever you like, although there are slight differences between them (oxblood has a little more brown, maroon a little more blue and burgundy is somewhere in the middle. :)
    Although I have to say 'oxblood' is a fairly hideous name for a color. ;)
    Also, I love your addition of the necklace - great finishing touch!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...