Monday, October 15, 2012

Safari Green and Stripes

I am linking up with Work Clothes, I Suppose for the First Ever Third Thursday Threads Link Up. The theme of this link-up is boots! Head on over to the link up and submit your own look -- which doesn't even have to be from today, anytime in the last week or two is good!

***
We make so many decisions on a daily basis. Some are decided effortless, or non-consciously; whether to drink coffee from the red mug or blue, whether to put the left boot on before the right. Other decisions require serious consideration; should I quit my job? Should I get a dog? ... For me, deciding on an outfit falls somewhere between the two, although ideally deciding outfits would be entirely effortless.

Today, it was. As I was drinking my morning coffee, I visited J's blog. After looking at the components of the outfit (the shirt, pants, etc.), I quickly realized that all of those items (or something quite similar) could be found in my closet. That's when I said to myself, "This is what I'm wearing today."



it's hard to see, but I added a pink necklace to
add a feminine touch


Top: The Limited {last seen here}
Jacket: The Limited {last seen here}
Necklace: The Limited
Belt: The Limited {last seen here}
Pants: The Limited
Watch: Premier Jewelry - gift
Boots: Madden Girl - gift
I don't have black skinny jeans, so I opted for my Exact Stretch pants. [Have you ever tried Exact Stretch from The Limited? They are a fantastic alternative to skinny jeans.] I also don't have a military jacket, so I opted for my safari jacket... although it's still not entirely clear to me what the difference between a military and safari jacket actually is. I also felt like this outfit lacked a feminine touch, so I added the pink necklace (sorry that it's hard to see). I was quite comfortable wearing this outfit. Added bonus, if I say so!
 
What do you think? Do you like this outfit (and/or J's version)? Would you wear something like this? If not, why not, or what would you change about this outfit to make it more wearable?


Oh... I'm also linking up with Glamamom

12 comments:

  1. hey Kate, thanks for stopping by my blog today.
    I love your outfit and I actually have the same jacket you do~ Love the diff belt you paired it with.

    :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your version of J's outfit. Great addition of the wider belt and the added touch with the necklace.

    I love your blog and easy style.


    Momlostfound.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. You did a great job! That's why inspiration photos and other blogs are great tools. We can see something we love and know we can work those same looks with pieces we already have. Love your boots!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this outfit! And, love when things come together effortlessly! I think your version came together great! The belt draws attention to the smallest part of your waist and gives you a nice shape overall! So cute!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this! That was one of my favorite outfits from J's Everyday. I love your take on it, that Limited top is adorable.

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love this! Actually I'm wearing it today!

    XOXO

    fashion-beam.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. That's such a beautiful outfit. I would only make one little change...swap the belt for the skinnier one. Other than that, perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Hi Kate, just stopping by to say how delightful your blog is. Thanks so much for sharing. I have recently found your blog and am now following you, and will visit often. Please stop by my blog and perhaps you would like to follow me also. Have a wonderful day. Hugs, Chris
    http://chelencarter-retiredandlovingit.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you all for your lovely comments! They really do make my day :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so pretty! I just wore something similar (only more casual... A striped tee and cardigan) but the same colors. I love this outfit!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So glad you linked up, Kate! Would love if you could link back in your post so everyone can see all the other great outfits :) This one is great- I use J's site all the time for inspiration - she's really great about wearable outfits!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oops! Sorry, I included the link on the other posts, but not this one! FIXED.

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...