Friday, October 12, 2012

My Favorite Color

Hooray for Friday! You would think that I'd be used to getting up so early. At least I'm getting good at literally picking out my clothes it the dark (okay, so I have the light of my cell-phone to guide me). [I don't turn on the lights to let the hubby sleep, and I go to bed without remembering to lay out my clothes the night before.]

Occasion: Teaching/Leading discussion
Button-up: The Limited {last worn here}
Sweater: Target - gift {last worn here}
Pants: The Limited {buy here}
Flats: Target
I like purple. I bought a white button up shirt with purple stripes in an effort to get more "work" clothes. I like purple, and fall victim to buying some clothes just because there's purple on it. The button up shirt is one example of falling prey to purple. The sweater, however, was a stocking stuffer from the husband. He picked it out because he knows I love purple (and because he had a coupon that brought it down to $7).

Do you ever buy something just because of it's color? Does one color dominate your closet?

9 comments:

  1. Purple is my favorite color, but I don't own a lot of it suprisingly.

    Looking at my closet, it has a lot of color, but red seems to be predominant. I really love this look on you with the button up under the sweater. It's got a preppy vibe :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this outfit! I really like your blog by the way, followed you on bloglovin, maybe follow me back?
    Kisses and have a nice weekend,

    http://mesmemosphotoblog.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. purple is also my fav color!! color of royalty :)
    xx mili

    callmemaeby.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Purple is always such a lovely color to wear!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there Kate. I found your blog today and I must say you cute, simple, elegant style - my cup of tea. I also see you are newer to blogging like myself so I will kindly appreciate your readership and you following me.

    Today's outfit I love the sweater and its color. Purple is one of the biggest colors of this season and one of my favorite colors, too.

    Please check out my blog and welcome. =)

    http://elegancepersonification.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi there,
    I love purple as well!
    This outfit seems very comfortable and functional, pluss it looks good!

    We should def follow eachother on bloglovin?? Get back to me :)

    milna89.blogspot.com
    *********************

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love this classic look! I've definitely picked up things just because of the color. I try to diversify but I've noticed a growing collection of cobalt blue in my closet!

    Thanks for stopping by!
    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...