Saturday, October 27, 2012

Liebster Award

I'm very excited that Aubree nominated me for this award! Check out her blog:
http://myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

 
Here's How it Works: The Liebster award is given by bloggers to up and coming bloggers who have less than 200 followers.
 
What is a Liebster?

The meaning: Liebster is German and means sweetest, kindest, nicest, dearest, beloved, lovely, kind, pleasant, valued, cute, endearing, and welcome.

1. Each person much post 11 things about themselves
2. Answer the questions the nominator made for you and also create 11 more questions for the blogs you nominate
3. Choose 11 people and link them to your post
4. Go to their page and tell them.
5. No tag backs!
 

11 facts about Kate:
1) I always laugh at the State Farm commercials with Aaron Rodgers. (Can't stand the Packers, though. Go Bears.)
2) I can speak (fluent) Serbian, Italian, and French. I also studied Latin in high school.
3) I spent my sophomore year of college in Rome, Italy (study abroad).
4) I have state records for weightlifting (snatch and clean & jerk).
5) I used to be a hardcore Backstreet Boys fan.
6) I don't own an iPhone, and I probably never will.
7) I'm a terrible singer, but quite good at karaoke video games.
8) I hate bananas. I hate the smell, the texture, the taste. Ugh. So gross.
9) I hate the sound of cracking/popping joints. If I hear it and don't know it's coming, I will freak out.
10) I sleep with a teddy bear. And as of two weeks ago, a stuffed Darth Vader.
11) I love rainstorms.


11 questions Aubree asked:

1) What is the meaning of your name and do you know how you got it?
My real name is Katarina. It means pure, or clean spirit. I was named after my mother's grandmother.
2) What is your favorite thing to do (besides blog!)
 Sleep. Seriously, grad school is exhausting.
3) What is your high school stereotype? (nerd, popular kid, band geek, etc.)
Weirdo.
4) Why did you name your blog what it is named?
I wanted to convey the idea that my style is constantly changing. I also chose the name to give me the opportunity to do write some reflective pieces down the road.
5) What is your favorite quote?
 Trust in the Lord with all your heart, and lean not on your own understanding. -Proverbs 3:5
6) If you could go back in time what time period would you go to?
 Dinosaurs!
7) What are you going to be/what have you been in the past for Halloween?
 I've been a bunny, beat up soccer player, cat, witch, ballerina.
8) Who is your favorite singer?
 Umm... Taylor Swift?
9) What is one annoying habit you wish you could break?
 Wasting time.
10) If you had all the money in the world and could only shop at one place, what would it be?
 Nordstrom. Good quality, lots of variety.
11) What is your hidden talent?
Foreign languages. I can speak three (Serbian, Italian, French), am teaching myself Spanish (and can read it), and studied Latin in high school.

11 questions for you! :
1) What is your dream career?
2) What do you do to relieve stress?
3) What is your favorite thing about 2012?
4) Why did you name your blog what it is named?
5) What's the first thing you do when you wake up?
6) How many shoes do you own? Is that too many or too few?
7) What is your favorite thing about yourself?
8) What is your favorite season to dress for?
9) What is your favorite part of blogging?
10) What are your biggest pet peeves?
11) What are you thankful for?


Now for my nominees!
Work Clothes, I Suppose  (http://www.workclothesisuppose.com)

12 comments:

  1. very good post! would you like to follow each other in gfc? let me know! http://xxxloveisbeautyxxx.blogspot.ie/

    ReplyDelete
  2. congrats for the award ^-^v


    ♥♥♥♥
    natalijayasmina-b.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations, you deserve it! And it was really interesting to read something about you. :*
    I'm following you now. :D If you want, you can find me on: http://the-wandering-heart.blogspot.com
    Lots of love! <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats on the award! You deserve it :) That is so cool you hold state weightlifting records. I am a horrible singer too, but I love karaoke! Your answers were really fun! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  5. Congratulations! Singing is my passion! You spent your sophomore year in Rome, which university? I attended AUR. I am your new follower from Rome.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello, Enhora good for the prize. I love your blog the idea is great, I really love. I'm from here and happy on your blog, you would like to follow me?

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yay! It's so awesome getting to know people this way :) still love your blog.

    Aub (myfashionatelife.blogspot.com)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congratulations! Such a fun way to learn more about you and other bloggers!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks so much for nominating me! :) That's so awesome that you speak so many languages fluently, I love foreign languages (speak some French still after taking it for 6+ years, but I really need to practice more, it goes away so quickly!)

    I've done the Liebster thing in a post before, so I'm just going to answer your questions here if that's okay! :)

    11 questions for you! :
    1) What is your dream career? Ugh, I wish I knew...
    2) What do you do to relieve stress? Drink coffee, read (blogs, books, mags), and baths
    3) What is your favorite thing about 2012? Finally making money instead of spending it on school; turning 30 is pretty cool too
    4) Why did you name your blog what it is named? It's the numerical representation of my initials in the alphabet (12 = L, 6 = F)
    5) What's the first thing you do when you wake up? Wash my face
    6) How many shoes do you own? Is that too many or too few? I don't even know the real number (I purposely don't count), but quite sure it's too many! :)
    7) What is your favorite thing about yourself? Sense of humor
    8) What is your favorite season to dress for? Ooh, tough one... Spring I think - can start wearing summer stuff, still can use boots/jackets/scarves - best of all worlds!
    9) What is your favorite part of blogging? Being part of a community and learning more about my style the more I blog
    10) What are your biggest pet peeves? When people make "observations" about other people's appearance ("you look really tired" or something like that). It's not a compliment, so keep it to yourself!
    11) What are you thankful for? My husband, every day

    Thanks again for nominating me - so much fun getting to know bloggers through these questions! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Congrats on your award, you deserve it!
    What about following each other? Cosa mi metto???
    Win 100€ discount coupon on Mia Gioia

    ReplyDelete
  11. Congratulations, Kate, and thank you so much for nominating me! I'm compiling my answers for my post, these are great questions! It's so much fun to learn more details about other bloggers. =D

    Avec Amber

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...