Thursday, October 25, 2012

Just Like J: Polka Dots and Red-Orange

I'll admit it. I copied this look from J of J's Everyday Fashion. Get used to it. I copy her looks on a weekly basis. She's just that good. {See her version here.} I never would have thought of matching my necklace to my cardigan - I always thought necklaces should add a pop of color, or serve as an accent. But I tried it, I liked it, and I'll probably do it again!

Occasion: Attending class
Top: Lauren Conrad c/o Kohl's
{buy similar in plum or teal}
Cardigan & Jeans: The Limited
Necklace: Forever 21
Wedges: Merona c/o Target


Which do you like more? Top left out, or tucked in? 
{A huge gust of wind invaded my top-tucked-in picture taking.}

I was considering tucking this top in, but I actually let it go untucked for a more comfortable and relaxed look. In the past, I would never let a shirt go untucked. Do you have a preference between tucking tops in or leaving them untucked? Is the basis of the preference comfort or aesthetics?

13 comments:

  1. Super cute! I'm with you and would have never matched the necklace to the cardigan.

    I leave shirts untucked 99% of the time. I think tucked shirts look weird on me (honestly they probably don't, I'm just a weirdo). I think yours looks better untucked too.

    Brandi @ The Pink Polka Dot Blog

    ReplyDelete
  2. Super cute on both you and J! I love Lauren Conrad's line from Kohl's. I like the shirt untucked. You still look adorable and pulled together, but unfussy. Graet job! Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love that polka dot top!!! Cute :)

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. It's easy to copy her! She has great style! I love your outfit! The polka dot and coral go perfect together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you - I love J's Everyday Fashion too! :) I really like this look untucked (and I love the polka dots!). I tend to leave a lot of tops untucked, but I've tried to tuck some different tops to show off a colored belt in some past outfits!

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very cute! I think I prefer the untucked version. I usually don't tuck my shirts in, so it's probably just personal preference!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like it untucked and I LOVE this outfit a lot. I may be copying you, copying J. It's like fashion inception. ;)

    I nominated your blog for the Liebster award :)

    Check it out here: http://myfashionatelife.blogspot.com/2012/10/the-liebster-award.html and pass it on!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Inspiration is always great! I take hints from her blog as well

    Just found your blog and followed you! Would love for you to follow bak (:

    xo Jayne http://somuchfashiosolittlespace.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thanks for visiting Classy Ever After! And congrats on the Liebster award. I'm loving your polka dot blouse...I can't get enough polka dots lately.
    Just followed you via gfc
    XO, Gina
    http://classyeverafter.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really like this color combination on you! I always prefer tucking tops in if I'm wearing them under a sweater or blazer. I feel like tucked in looks more pulled together and gives me a more flattering shape. Every now and then though, a little extra color popping out at the bottom looks better.

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  11. They both look fab - but I think I like un-tucked better for this particular look.. I never know when I should tuck or untuck.. I just kind of leave it up to however I'm feeling that day! Thanks for commenting on my blog :)
    xoxo,
    Nikki at www.bedazzlesafterdark.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...