Tuesday, October 23, 2012

Hello, Beautiful Day

When life gives you lemons, make lemonade. 
When it's 80 degrees in October, go outside!

Top, Belt, Necklace: The Limited
Crops: Loft
Shoes: Dana Buchman c/o Kohl's
I can't believe how much better outfit photos look when they're taken outside! The color is so much more vivid and accurate - for lack of better words - to what the clothes actually look like! [Light is such an interesting concept -- as is perception in general -- but we can save that discussion for another day.]


 On another note, I like to make goals. Most of the time, I can't keep them. But every now and then, I can. My goal recently has been to wear the clothes that have long been neglected. I've had this shirt since spring of 2011, but haven't worn it since the first day of school last year (September 2011). I decided today was a perfect day to wear it.

Have you heard the word? The word is 'fallify'. {I first encountered it on Bri's blog (Work Clothes, I Suppose) - who credits Laura from Twelve by Six.} One easy way to make a summer style more appropriate for fall is by adding boots; I did this yesterday. I was considering doing it today, too, but when it's 80 degrees in October, the thought of boots makes me sweat. So I wonder: is it really necessary to fallify? Can't we just pull our spring and summer clothes back out and celebrate the occasion? 

Have you packed away your bright and bold colored clothing? If you put away your warm weather clothing, do you keep it packed up until spring? And do you love abnormally warm weather in October as much as I do?


Also linking up with Real Girl Glam
Real Girl Style Link Up

20 comments:

  1. You look lovely :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. We have been having some gorgeous weather too! It makes me want to get the sandals back out again. Love your top and cute purple pants. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love the color of your pants!! I have those shoes too :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. You are looking gorgeous! We also had a really summer-like weekend here, but now its so cold and foggy...

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice look, thumbs up girl :-)

    Would like to follow each other? Let me know :-)

    donnaiveh.blogspot.sk

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for visiting my blog and for the comment! I love your blog as well, the pink pants and the top are too cute! I would like to follow one another, I am now following you on GFC, please return the follow! :)

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would so wear that top!! Cute! Found you on RGS.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful! I love this look on you! The colors are great! Hugs from Cali! xx The Golden Girls

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful look! I'm smitten by your chambray ruffle top!
    Thanks a bunch for visiting and commenting! Following your fab blog on GFC now(Juneli)!!
    Love
    Juneli from Fashionably Yours

    ReplyDelete
  10. loving your pants and your shoes. such a great outfit!!


    ReplyDelete
  11. wow i love everything about your outfit! from head to toe! Cute.

    i saw your blog on WIWW and i am your newest follower!

    Have a great day!
    -Rekita

    http://lovelyarmywife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  12. I LOVE this outfit! The ruffles on the top are so pretty. It's so classic, and the colors are great together!

    Happy Wednesday! :)

    xo

    ReplyDelete
  13. Thanks for visiting my blog!! I looove this outfit. Especially thought flats!! Too cute. I'm all about wearing bright colors all year long! :)

    xo

    MacKensie

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the outfit! The chambray with the ruffles is super cute.

    Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'll be following you for sure. I like that you post outfits that you actually wear because I will be following the same mantra. If I won't wear it out of the house it won't be on the blog.

    http://thepinkpolkadotblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Love the color of those pants..and those shoes!!
    Now following along lady:)
    Ashley

    ReplyDelete
  16. I love this combo! The ruffled blouse is so cute, and the perfect pairing for the purple crops! As you've seen, I still haven't put away my bright colors...I'm holding out a little longer!

    -Tiffany
    http://stylesidebar.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  17. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Newest follower here! I found you through the Wednesday blog hop! Cute blog, I love those pants!
    -meandmr.com

    ReplyDelete
  19. We've had a few really warm days here too, and I totally agree - no need to add fall accessories if the weather is summery and beautiful, I say just go for it! Fallify is really just an easy way to keep wearing summer clothes when it gets too cold for skirts, tanks, etc.! And like you said, boots are one perfect way to do that :) Really cute outfit too, I love the color of those crops!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Thats such a great top i cant believe that you haven't worn it more! I still haven't packed all my bright clothing! i will prob keep using a couple more things for fall but most if it i should be packing soon! considering we already got snow here!

    have a fabulous day

    glammedbytarin.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...