Monday, October 22, 2012

Green and Leopard



Pinterest is such a great resource. Recently, I came across this photo. There was just something about the green and leopard together that I really liked. I decided this morning to pair green with leopard. Even though the weather called for an atypical October day (70+ degrees), I couldn't bring myself to just throw on a pair of denim crops. I had to take advantage of the warm front by... wearing a dress as a skirt? Apparently so.





Scarf: The Limited {buy similar here, here}
Top: Old Navy {last worn here}
Dress (as skirt): The Limited {last worn here}
Belt: The Limited {buy similar here}
Boots: Madden Girl - gift
{Do forgive me as the quality of these photos changes on a daily basis.
I'm still trying to figure out where I can get a clean backdrop with optimal lighting.}


These are the same boots I wore last week - I folded them up because the studs on the cuffs kept leaving imprints on my legs when I had them crossed. It turns out that I liked the look of them folded up, so I just kept them that way. It's not clear whether they were intended to be worn that way or not.

I think this look could easily be remixed for a spring look by replacing the boots with flats or sandals and losing the leopard scarf, or replacing it with a floral print, for example. Is most of your closet made of up clothes that can be worn year-round? Do you consider whether an item can be worn throughout the year when purchasing it?



Linking up with:

13 comments:

  1. I did a similar post on wearing summer clothing in the fall and winter today! ;) Love your green and leopard look! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. love the look...stopping by from #YOLOMondays

    xoxo
    Val
    http://valverdestyle.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this look! I also love this leopard print/green combo and your belt is amazing. I am totally copying! Thanks so much for stopping by and for your sweet comments on my Gushing Over Velvet Loafers post. I really hope they take off since they look so darn comfy:)
    www.winetastegirl.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this outfit! Just found your blog through the blog hop, new follower!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love the green and leopard together! It's the perfect combination. Your belt is so pretty too! Following you now :)

    xo,
    Angela
    headtotoechic.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. You look fabulous! I recently fell in love with the emerald green and leopard combination as well. I too found my green from old navy :)

    -Rachel
    www.apreppystateofmind.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hi kate! Thank you soooooooooooooooo much for sending me the source. And I LOVE your outfit!
    Sheaffer :)
    www.pinteresttoldmeto.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. This outfit is great! Pinterest is amazing for inspiration. Love the navy and green and your awesome belt too :) Most of my clothes are purchased to at least get three seasons if possible. Heather

    ReplyDelete
  9. Great outfit! Green is my favorite color- so I love this outfit :) I think the combination of shirt and skirt iwth the belt is just perfect!
    xx

    www.cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love this outfit so much!!! In love with your boots and scarf!
    Now I follow your blog with GFC and BLOGLOVIN! Follow me back if you like please!! We can follow each other, it would be a pleasure!!!
    CHECK OUT
    THESPARKLINGCINNAMON
    TheSparklingCinnamon BLOGLOVIN
    TheSparklingCinnamon FACEBOOK PAGE

    ReplyDelete
  11. Fabulous style inspiration! Thanks for showing off your style on Monday Mingle.

    --Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  12. Thanks for stopping by my blog! I love your style too and I'm your newest follower! :) I think green and leopard looks great together too. I love how you switched it up and mixed the brown belt and shoes with the black skirt!

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  13. Cute outfit. I've been following your blog for a couple of months. It's nice to put a face with an outfit :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...