Wednesday, October 31, 2012

Ghost Cake

It's been a long day. I'm exhausted. It's that time of year where the homework piles on, the paper deadlines are looming, and the students are always at your door asking for something. Sigh. I love my job.

Occasion: Teaching
Top, Cardigan, Belt, Pants
: The Limited
Shoes: Christian Siriano c/o Payless
By the way, the cardigan is a light purple (lavender). And yes, those are chalk stains on my pants. Oh well. Happy Halloween! {It didn't even cross my mind that today was Halloween until one of my colleagues told me there was cake in the mail room. The cake was chopped up in non-square pieces, and I was so confused. "Kate-- it's a ghost cake. Or at least it used to be in the shape of a ghost." Oh. Ha. One of those days.

Do you celebrate Halloween? Or does the day pass you by like any other?


Linking up with:
pleated poppy 
 

10 comments:

  1. I love everything about this :) It is the perfect outfit for a stylish teacher!

    -Kristine
    www.pugglewearsprada.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a great look for teaching. Sophisticated but playful! =)
    xo,
    nancy

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun pattern mixing! :) Too funny about the cake...it's so strange that October is my favorite month of the year, but I'm just not a big fan of Halloween. I never want to dress up, and this year was only excited to pass out candy to kids in the neighborhood! haha

    Jess - J's Style
    fancypants514.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lol)) we also had a very weird cake the other day, I didn't dare to eat it. We don't celebrate Halloween much in Holland, not like in US anyway..

    Would you like to follow each other on gfc and other platforms?
    Just let me know :)


    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Loving all your ruffles! Adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great outfit! I cant believe the kids let you forget about it being halloween!

    xo Rach
    rachiecakes-rachael.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I probably should have mentioned that I have college-aged students. They probably got their fill of Halloween this past weekend.

      Delete
  7. Thanks for your comment and follow sweety! I'm following you too now))
    If you want to connect on other social platforms, like twitter, facebook, bloglovin etc - let me know!

    xx
    Tali
    www.RockMyHeels.com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Love the shoes! I can't yet bring myself to wear a belt around a cardigan, but I think it looks great on you.

    Brandi @ The Pink Polka Dot Blog

    ReplyDelete
  9. That's one of my favorite ways to wear a ruffled shirt! It really defines the waist and gives the shirt an entirely new shape to feature the ruffles!

    Found you via the WIWW linkup, and love this outfit :)

    Britt
    Secondhand Magpie

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...