Thursday, October 18, 2012

A Shout Out to My Readers

Thank you to all my lovely readers who commented on yesterday's post. I was worried that I was slacking on my outfit because it was just a sweater and slacks combo. To those of you who assured me that there is absolutely nothing wrong with wearing "just" a solid colored sweater and black pants, thank you. I took your advice for today's outfit, and I did what works. 

I am linking up with Work Clothes, I Suppose for the First Ever Third Thursday Threads Link Up. The theme of this link-up is boots!

This is another opportunity for me to thank those of you who voted a while back... I chose the grey ones :) Head on over to the link up and submit your own look -- which doesn't even have to be from today, anytime in the last week or two is good!

Sweater: Target {buy here}
Scarf, Necklace, & Tee: The Limited
Jeans: Target
Boots: Payless {buy here}



Want to hear a story about good timing? I've seen J. Crew's Tippi Sweater all over the internet. I was actually considering shelling out $80 for it (or hoping to get it on sale for $60). Then one day, I stumble upon a blog (can't remember which one, though) featuring Target's version. For $15, I knew I couldn't pass it up. By that time, nearly all of the sweaters in my local store had been sold (except for the XXLs). I went a town over to get this color in my size, and even they only had one left {sold out online}. It is so soft. I am so happy that I did. Fingers crossed that it holds up!

On an unrelated note, I didn't originally intend to wear this scarf. I decided to grab one since it was so windy this morning, and I chose this one to match the white from my tee and the grey from my boots. I left the necklace because it matched my new "Do What Works" philosophy. Do you have a fashion philosophy? Or, what's the best piece of fashion advice you've received?



Again, thank you for reading, thank you for following -- if you're not, you should :P -- and thank you for the comments. They always brighten my day!

3 comments:

  1. Great shoes :)


    Emm
    SPIN DIZZY FALL
    Visit me here http://spindizzyfall.blogspot.com.au/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really love this simple chic look - turquoise/teal/aqua/whatever is my favorite color and I especially love it paired with gray! Such great boots (at Payless?? Crazy!) and the scarf is a perfect match - so cozy and cute! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! :)
      I was actually going to buy these boots last year, but decided against it since they looked like they wouldn't last long. This year they added a zipper, and made it at least look higher quality. I couldn't pass them up when they were on sale AND I had a coupon!!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...