Wednesday, September 19, 2012

Unworn

Today I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy and Transatlantic Blonde!

Top, Cardigan, Belt, Crops: The Limited
Top last worn here
Cardigan last worn here

Necklace: Forever 21
Shoes: Target

Do you have clothes that you have bought and don't wear very often because you want to keep them 'preserved'? Do you have clothes that you have bought and don't wear very often because you don't know how to, or because they were an impulse purchase that seemed good at the time, but turned out to be an unnecessary purchase? I would answer 'yes' to both questions today. The top falls in the former category, the cardigan in the latter. I'm trying to incorporate both categories of clothing into my outfits these days. What better way than to put them together in the same outfit?

What is the most common reason for not wearing a particular item of clothing?

5 comments:

  1. Cute outfit! I have a similar sweater from Kohl's last year and have only worn it once for the very same reason! Love the way you styled it here. Stopping by from the pleated poppy

    ~*Jessica Lauren @ Copy-Cat-Crafter

    ReplyDelete
  2. I still have clothes with the tags on! So bad :(

    I love your cardigan :)

    ☠Transatlantic Blonde☠

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love this cardigan! What a fun color combo. The pink belt was the perfect accessory.

    I bought a skirt at Kohl's in March and just recently wore it. I think I was just overthinking how to style it. Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Maybe you've hit the nail on the head? If you're overthinking how to style a piece, it's a no-go. Recently, I receive some other advice: With every purchase, ask yourself "can you picture yourself leaving the store without it?" ... I used that trick a few weeks ago, and it's amazing how quickly my pile of five things turned to one. I am happy to say that I do not regret leaving any thing behind!

      Delete
  4. i like this look on you! yea it has happened to me where I impulsively buy something and then later I'm stuck on how to style it too!

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...