Wednesday, September 5, 2012

Tribal Prints and Second Opinions

Today I am linking up with The Pleated Poppy, Yours Truly, and the Transatlantic Blonde for What I Wore Wednesday!

Top: Banana Republic
Cardigan & Skirt: The Limited
Necklace: gift from Brazil
Shoes: Anne Klein c/o DSW
I should give due credit to J from J's Everyday Fashion. I saw this top on her blog (when she was styling another woman in her makeover show). I rushed out and got it immediately, but was puzzled as to how to wear it. The sales associate at Banana Republic suggested against wearing it with any other colors; "Wearing it with colored bottoms makes it all too busy... Wear it with black or brown pants and a white cardigan if you get cold."

I then did what most women do when they receive advice they are unhappy with... I went to get a second opinion. I asked J what she would pair it with, and she suggested citrus, tomato red, and earth tones. Not knowing exactly what constitutes as 'tomato red' I paired it with my not-quite-red but more of an orange-red cardigan.

What do you think of this look? Do you have any tops that have been sitting in your closet, waiting to be worn, only because you're unsure of what to wear it with? {Stay tuned for an upcoming post dedicated to such items from my closet!}

15 comments:

  1. love this look! the top popped because of the color!

    Chioma
    C’s Evolution of Style

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, Chioma! After wearing it all day, I started thinking the same thing :)

      Delete
  2. You styled this beautifully! Do you have cobalt or mustard yellow? This top would look great with those colors too.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooh - cobalt or mustard yellow - that's a good idea! Were you thinking for the cardigan or for the skirt? Thanks for the advice! I really appreciate it!

      Delete
  3. i love this! i am your 16th follower too, so now you have a full square! wahoo!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, thank you!! I was actually getting frustrated with the shape! So thank you for taking care of that problem :)

      Delete
  4. You got it perfect! Looks great!
    Dropping in from What I Wore Wednesday!

    Sheena @ A Girl's Guide to Retail Therapy
    sheenaashlock.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a great look! I'm really loving all Aztec type prints right now and that cardigan goes great with it!
    I'm thrilled to be your newest follower and would love it if you could return the follow if you get the chance and wish to :)
    Best,
    Sapir
    coffeebooksandairplanes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  6. It turned out perfectly; so effortless :)

    myfashionatelfie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect pop of color with it. Love this!

    Stopping by from WIWW.. Happy Saturday!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...