Thursday, September 20, 2012

Back to Basics

I apologize for the lack of posts this week. I've been sick and under a lot of pressure (never a good combination). I'll really try to be better this week! I even have an extra weekend post for you! 

Top: The Limited
Skirt: Old Navy
Watch: gift - Premier Jewelry
Sandals: Brash c/o Payless
I've worn this skirt a few times, but always with a colorful tee (mint, pink, green). This time, I decided to keep it simple and pair it with a navy top.

Sometimes I worry that bloggers put too much pressure on themselves to be colorful and unique with their outfits. Sometimes I think it's important to be true to who we are: I am a simple girl. Two years ago, I probably would have only worn this skirt with a navy or white top. This outfit is for you, Year 2k10 Kate!

Despite the great tips I've receive recently on how not to forget accessories, I managed to walk out the door with nothing but a watch. I convinced myself halfway through the day that the print of the skirt is a statement piece itself and that any additional jewelry would just be too much. I also think little bit of detail on the top separates this from a plain navy top. {A more detailed photo of the top here.} Am I delusional or actually right? Ah, let's just call it a case of effortless style.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...