Tuesday, September 4, 2012

Put Away the Pumpkin Spice Latte

All around the internet, I see people getting ready for fall. It's not just a state of mind/ "let's get excited for fall" kind of thing. No, they are full embracing the arrival of the season. One of my Facebook friends today took a picture of a Starbucks Pumpkin Spice Latte with a big smiley face next to it. I don't know about you, but a hot drink is the last thing I want these days; I'm still living in the dead of summer (triple digit weather yesterday and today).

Dress: Forever 21
Cardigan: Old Navy
Belt: The Limited
Sandals: Target
Dog bone (seen by knee): Petsmart
In an effort to resist getting on the transitioning to fall bandwagon, I wore a floral dress. The straps on this dress are really thin (sorry I didn't snap a photo). I feel more comfortable covered up. Unfortunately the "loose" cardigan was nothing more than a thermal blanket today. Before I was even half way home, I was drenched in sweat. Fun stuff. 

How's the weather where you live? Are you ready for fall, or does the idea of wearing pants feel so far away?

4 comments:

  1. soooo cute outfit :) I like the way you used that belt :)

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm living in Maryland at the moment and it's still so hot! I'm an Australian (via 12 months in the UK) and so I'm just not sure when it's going to end... It's hard work stretching out the summer style!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey!
    Just found your blog and really like it!
    Simple but beautiful- that's also the style I prefer.
    Should we follow each other? Have a look on http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/ :)

    Love from Germany!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you :( we had triple degree heat today.

    sad.

    myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...