Wednesday, September 12, 2012

May the Force Be with You

I teach four discussions which each meet once a week. Last week, one student was wearing a Star Wars t-shirt. Of course I commented on it, since I'm a closet Star Wars fan. Then the following week, the same student and another one were wearing Star Wars t-shirts. I loved it and had to let them know. They asked me if and when I would wear a Star Wars t-shirt and I told them they'd have to wait and see.

Well, I decided to try a trend I've never tried before: pencil skirt + t-shirt. I figured this would be a good opportunity to give it a shot.


T-Shirt: borrowed from Husband c/o Wal-Mart
Cardigan: Old Navy {really old}
Skirt: The Limited
Shoes: Jennifer Lopez c/o Kohl's

please excuse the wrinkles.
i truly forgot that as smooth as sateen feels,
it looses that smoothness the moment you sit down.

I can't say that this was the best outfit I've ever worn, but hey, I had fun. Looking at these photos now, I just look frumpy! Wow! Maybe I should have worn pants or a more casual skirt. Have you ever worn a t-shirt with a pencil skirt? How did it work out? 

PS: I'm linking up with The Pleated Poppy!

2 comments:

  1. This is really cute! It's not too "teenager-ish" pairing the tee with the pencil skirt. If the tee is a little big try tucking it in and belting it? Belts always seem to solve all my problems, ha ha :) Heather

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah, a belt! That would have been so helpful! At least now I know for next time :) Thanks!

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...