Monday, September 24, 2012

Lucky Number 5

I have a confession to make. Today's outfit does not fall under the category of effortless style. I knew I wanted to wear the dress since it would be cool in the morning but warm in the afternoon. The problem is that this dress is quite low cut. So what exactly is a girl to do?

Maxi Dress: A.N.A. c/o JCPenney
Cardigan: The Limited
Belt: Target
Necklaces: Forever 21, gift
Shoes: Brash c/o Payless



I honestly almost gave up wearing this maxi dress altogether! I tried to remedy the problem by wearing a scarf, but that didn't end up looking quite right. I also tried layering a baggy sweater tee over it, as well as a tighter sweater. I even tied up a chambray top

Fifth time's a charm, I guess. On the positive side, I haven't worn this cardigan in a while! {It's always a goal of mine to include those pieces that have been neglected and pushed to the back of the closet.}  

How do you make a low-cut top (or dress) more work appropriate?

1 comment:

  1. Adding a cardigan was a great solution. The colors are really pretty together. My solution for a low neckline is usually a tank or cami, a scarf or a blazer.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...