Friday, September 7, 2012

Hi, My Name is Kate and I'm a Cowlaholic.

Did you know that I really like cowlnecks? I bought my first one my junior year of college from Forever 21. It was my go-to any time I had a class presentation. I even wore one for my "senior" (college) picture. Then I bought two more at the same time at Express after I graduated. I think I've worn a cowlneck if not the first day of class, then surely within the first few meetings of any class I've taught. {See here for - some of - my many cowls}

I don't know what it is about them. I'd like to think that they are the tee + scarf hybrid. How do you feel about cowlnecks?

Top: Express
Belt: Target
Crops: The Limited
Shoes: Christian Siriano c/o Payless
I read on someone's blog once that you should never wear leopard twice in an outfit. I am I committing a fashion faux-pas by wearing a leopard belt and leopard flats? Or do you think that having both ties the outfit together?

On an unrelated note... help me pick a pair of shoes!!


I went to Kohl's yesterday and saw two pair of ankle boots I really like. I just can't decide which ones to get! Can I get your opinion? Which ones do you like more? AND WHY? [Please present reasons! Argue for your position!] Or do you have an alternative suggestion?

Source: kohls.com via a journey on Pinterest

Source: kohls.com via a journey on Pinterest

{If it were really up to me, I would choose these boots, seen here on Kayley's blog. But I can't find anything like them.}


7 comments:

  1. Thank you so much for your comment! I think both options are really cool! I say "when in doubt...get both!" hehe I don't know if that helped you at all! I also like the one's from Kayley's blog...let me know if you do find them! Now following!


    Kisses
    http://thepurpleclown.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I totally agree! I love cowlnecks because it's like an accessory is already included in your top ;)

    XO
    www.pearlsandpaws.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm usually not a huge fan of cowlnecks but I love how you accessorized yours with the leopard print! Very cute! If you get a sec, I'd love to hear your thoughts on my latest posts!

    peacelovedecor.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. you can totally pull the cowl neck off!!! love it!
    theoutfitaddiction.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Nice collection of boots!!I like the one you are wearing.Cowlnecks look classy and elegant.

    buy human hair extensions

    ReplyDelete
  6. I LOVE how cowl necks look on others, but they always seem bulky on me...but you look adorable!

    preethi
    lace, etc.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you all for such lovely comments :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...