Monday, September 10, 2012

Copy-Cat: Pink and Stripes

Same old story: I saw a photo on Pinterest, figured I'd copy it, and so I did.




Since I don't have a mint/turquoise shirt, I decided on a shirt I hadn't worn yet, but one that would contrast with the white and black stripes. I actually did try that shirt on - she got it at Target - but it was so freaking tight on my back and shoulders. When I sized up, the shirt only got larger in the waist/belly area, but no looser in the shoulders. It's a shame. The shirt looked so great with the $7 pants I picked up while I was there.

Occasion: Attending lecture
Shirt: The Limited {also seen here}
Crops
: The Limited
Blazer: Shade Clothing {buy here}
{also seen here}
Necklaces: heirloom, Kohl's
Shoes: Dana Buchman c/o Kohl's
Since the shirt is actually only elbow length, I didn't bother rolling them up (and something about 3/4 sleeves and 3/4 pants was weird to me). The collar wasn't actually outside of the blazer all day, but managed to find its way there for the pictures. One necklace - the one with the snakeprint - I found the other day at Kohl's for $2. I decided to splurge and get it.

What do you think of my look? Do you think I wore too much color? Someone once told me that you should not wear more than five colors in one outfit. Well, count it. I have six (black, white, pink, blue/denim, yellow, tan). Are there any suggestions for how to improve this outfit?

8 comments:

  1. I love it! Wish I had a striped blazer, it is so cute!

    myfashionatelife.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I was in the market for quite some time when I finally settled on this one after I saw it on Audrey's blog (puttingmetogether.com). You can also use shopstyle.com to search for striped blazers in your price point!

      Delete
  2. I love the striped blazer! I don't think there are too many colors, however, I can't really see the shoes. but pants, blazer and shirt fit very well together!

    Kisses from Germany :)

    http://cenestquedelachance.blogspot.de/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ooops! Sorry! I was in a hurry, so I didn't even realize that you can't see the shoes. Here's an alternate picture: http://ajourneyinstyle.blogspot.com/2012/03/purple-with-toe-uch-touch-of-yellow.html

      The shoes are tan-ish and have a yellow cap toe and heel!

      Delete
  3. ahhhh amazing blazer! <3

    http://gamesoffashion.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much! It was a little bit of a splurge, but I'm so happy I decided to get it!

      Delete
  4. Very cute look! Love your re-creation!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love this look especially the blazer! Not too much color either, just right. ;) Thanks for stopping by my blog today

    LindsayJEveryday.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...