Tuesday, September 11, 2012

Can Clothing Affect Your Attitude?


Occasion: Attending classes
Dress: Forever 21
Cardigan: The Limited
Sandals (not pictured): Target
I have a question for you. Do you ever have one of those mornings where you wake up on the wrong side of the bed and all you want to do is reach for your sweats, put your hair in a messy bun, and wrap a sign around your neck that says "leave me alone"? That was today for me.

In the past, when I've felt crummy, I've dressed crummy. I took a different approach today, hoping the bright colors and floral patterns would put me in a more lively mood. They didn't.

Does what you wear affect your attitude for the day? Can your clothing improve your mindset? How do you dress when you're feeling down in the dumps (or cranky)?

6 comments:

  1. I believe that clothing can affect your attitude! When I get up in the morning and I feel cranky I usually grap some nicer, more business-like cloths than I do on mornings where I get up thinking that I'm the queen of the world ;)
    The fine cloths make me believe more in myself on bad days. On good days I don't need nice clothes to feel good or worthy. That's probably weird but it works out for me :)

    Love from Larissa

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think it's a total package, not just clothing. You want to feel happier so you do the hair, makeup, clothing, jewelry, etc. You choose a favorite item. One that gives you pleasure. You remember to smile. Then you feel better for the day.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My mood definitely affects what I wear. Usually when I am in a crappy mood I dress up, wear heels, or red. Sometimes it works :) Your dress is so cute!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Feeling great means looking great. If you don't like what you wear, because you are in a rush and didn't have time to pull together a fab outfit, you will def feel worse, attitude wise. If I don't like the way I'm dressed, watch out. I will be mean!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...