Friday, August 3, 2012

Two More Ways to Wear a Blazer

I'm always looking for new ways to wear the clothes I have. One trend I've seen pop up frequently is that of belting a blazer. I'll be honest: the first handful of times I saw it, I didn't understand it. I still am not sure if I completely understand it, or if I've just given in. (Often the husband ridicules me for belting dresses... "What's the point?!" Some days I have no good reason other than "to accentuate my tiny waist... and to add a pop of color... leave me alone.")

Top, Skirt, Belt, Jacket: The Limited
Necklace: gift
Shoes: Anne Klein c/o DSW

Does it look like I'm wearing a dress? I'm not! The not-dress is actually a top and a skirt (both of the eyelet/lace style). Do you ever "create" dresses by wearing two identical colored pieces? It's a trick I learned from J of J's Everyday Fashion (refer to step 2) and have tried once before hereFashion tip of the day: Keep your eyes open for ways you can give new life to something you own!


this look allows for removal of the jacket without
having to worry about readjusting the belt
(and it avoids having to deal with pesky husbands)



Which look do you prefer? Belted jacket or open jacket? Would you make any changes to either outfit? I want your input!

Belted jacket
Open jacket
Also, I tend to avoid wearing red, white, and blue together (in any shape or form) so as to not look patriotic. Is this just crazy? Does my outfit make you think of stars and stripes?

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...