Tuesday, August 21, 2012

Sacrifices

I'm not used to getting up before 8am, so this morning took me by surprise. Really, it was just another case of the running late's. The husband was on my back, "Kate, are you ready? Kate, you have ten minutes." At that point, I was just brushing my teeth. I had to make a decision: use my last few minutes to do my makeup, or put together my jewelry? 

Dress & Cardigan: The Limited
Belt: Target
Shoes: Christian Siriano c/o Payless

[ignore the weird dot in the photo]

In the fight between makeup and jewelry, makeup won. I knew I should have picked out my jewelry the night before, but I banked on being able to pick them out in a jiffy this morning. (I also couldn't figure out last night what sort of jewelry to wear with this outfit.) What kind of sacrifices do you make when you are running late? Any tips for getting everything done when you're in a hurry?

9 comments:

  1. I have a little bowl by more door where I keep a couple of statement rings a charm bracelet and a watch. If I'm running late I grab something on the way out the door.
    Oh, and I have a small bag with a change of shoes and some accessories in my trunk.

    Raj
    Pink Chai Style

    ReplyDelete
  2. First off: I decided to take your question/request about seasonal shoes and run with it! http://www.embellishconsignment.com/blog/whats-in-a-shoe-part-1-peep-toes-in-winter-boots-in-summer/ This is the first of 2 parts. Thanks so much for the visit and comment!!

    Second off: I too have a bowl...on my dresser (in my closet) It contains only simple silver costume jewelry. (If you prefer gold, go for that) When you are in a rush, just grab the silver bracelets, a pair of earrings and a necklace...It doesn't even matter what they look like, because I only put things in the bowl that coordinate. For me, silver dresses up anything, and if I'm in a rush, I always feel frumpy or dishevled (no matter what I have on). The silver makes me feel 10 times better about my choice and the fact that I'm literally running out the door! Her's a look at my must haves for the closet! http://www.embellishconsignment.com/blog/2012/04/

    ReplyDelete
  3. I follow you and I hope you will reciprocate...
    http://www.5minutiearrivo.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this outfit! I always skimp on the jewelry when I am in a hurry..I used to never wear any so I am trying to get in the habit of putting some on everyday!

    http://fromragstotags.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a cute outfit! I also skimp on the jewelry when I am running late. I am your newest follower!!

    creamyclothes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think your outfit speaks for itself and looks adorable without jewelry! The leopard print belt is a darling alternative. It's such a sweet look!

    May the force be with you.
    Emily

    ReplyDelete
  8. cute outfits! the best piece is the belt of course ;)

    hope you follow me http://shopaholicfrancy.blogspot.it

    xoxo
    francesca

    ReplyDelete
  9. Jewellery I wear often are in a bowl next to my bed! However your belt is so cool and adds style to this outfit!!!

    http://so-st-yle.com/

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...