Tuesday, August 14, 2012

Fashion Tip Tuesday: Dressing Room

How often do we go into a dressing room, arms fully loaded with both tops and bottoms? And how often have we put together outfits using those pieces before we even close the door behind us? Most of the time, and rarely if ever (should be the answers). Regardless, we should make it an effort to take advantage of our time in those four walls. When we do, we have a great opportunity to come up with some super-stylish outfits.

Top & Skirt: The Limited
A few months ago, I went to the mall and came across this skirt at The Limited. I really liked it, but was not sure about how I would wear it. While in the dressing room, I kept the skirt on to think about whether I really wanted it or not and tried on a few other tops. As I put on the blue polka-dot top (so cute but so expensive!!), I felt something click. It was as if a light had just turned on.

Polka and khaki. Blue and neutral. I don't know what it was about the two, but I loved it. 

Fashion tip of the day: Make the most of your time in the dressing room. Experiment by pairing each top with each bottom. You need not actually try on every combination, but at least hold them up to one another.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...