Thursday, July 19, 2012

Yellow, Belts, and Skirts... Oh My!

One of my goals this summer is not only to expand my closet using only what's inside it, but also to step out of my comfort zone and try new trends. Just recently I mixed prints! Today's goal was to belt an un-tucked shirts over a skirt. I also decided to incorporate yellow after seeing J's post (from J's Everyday Fashion).  This is what happened when I tried belting an un-tucked yellow top over a skirt...

tee at its regular length
tee folded shorter

























I don't know what you think, but I would call this a FAIL. Perhaps its because of the volume of the skirt, or maybe the fit of the shirt. Either way, I'm not digging on this trend. {Admittedly, I could have taken more care with folding the tee on the second look, but you get the idea.}

HOWEVER... (there's always a 'however')... I AM digging on the pastel yellow, coral, and leopard. So as promised to one of my dear friends, I have created and outfit using this skirt. 

Tee, Belt, Bracelets: The Limited
Skirt: Gap Kids
Necklace: Forever 21
Flats: Christian Siriano c/o Payless

This is perhaps one of my most favorite looks in a long time. While I'm at it, let me tell you something about the necklace. The necklace above has been altered. Take a look at these two pictures:
























Can you spot the difference?

Hint: Necklace.

Answer: Necklace length. The photo on the right displays the natural length. So how did I make it longer?


Extension by bracelet! It's so easy to do. I just grabbed the first non-elastic bracelet I saw, clipped it together, and voila! Added length.

So... yellow? Belts? Skirts? Oh my (what a wonderful outfit)!

2 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...