Tuesday, July 3, 2012

An Ode to Dresses

It's hot. Every day I look at the ten day forecast, hoping that I'll find a favorable future... of double digits. Unfortunately, all I ever get is triple digits. Sigh. The only upside is that I can have to wear dresses. 

Dress: H&M - old
Sandals: Simply Vera c/o Kohl's
Watch: family gift
Prior to this past week, I took dresses for granted. I looked at them as something of an avenue for cuteness. Now I just look at them as a way to get some ventilation and wear as little as possible without violating any norms of public decency.

I never thought about how great dresses were until I thought about my husband, and men in general. The least they can wear are shorts and a t-shirt-- maybe a cut-off. No dresses for men. Poor guys. Oh well. I guess that's the trade-off for not having periods.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...