Thursday, July 26, 2012

My New Birthday Suit (Jacket)

Birthday coupons are the best. The Limited sent me one at the beginning of the month, and I finally redeemed it yesterday. After cleaning my closet a couple weeks ago, I realized that what I really need want are jackets. Lucky for me, guess what I found hanging on the rack?

{Buy Here}  
Immediately I was drawn by the stripes, the structure, and the cinched waist. But the big question was: how in the world would I style it? [Quite easily, actually. With a colorful skirt. I knew that one right away.]

Jacket, Tee, Skirt, Belt: The Limited
Necklace: gifted
Wedges: Merona c/o Target
I'm generally avoid pairing blue, white, and red together in an effort to not look patriotic, but blue, white, and pink? Love it. The best part about this outfit is that I have so many of these tees that are too informal to be worn alone when teaching. Even pairing them with a cardigan doesn't give me that (semi) professional edge I seek. But this jacket definitely does. It gives a nice structure but still allows flexibility for a business-casual look.

I'll admit that I was hesitant for a split second due to the cap sleeves (this one is my first!), but I figured since I live in a warm enough climate, I'll get plenty of use out of this jacket. Do you own any cap sleeve jackets? How do you style them?

2 comments:

  1. wow you are so cute!

    just found your blog and love your aesthetic! and hey i actually just started a new blog. i'd love if you could come check it out and follow, if you like!!

    xo,
    http://www.annacbie.com

    ps: if you do follow, let me know by commenting and leaving your url on my most recent post. then i'll skip right over to follow you back :]

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this look! I am following you now! :)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...