Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Mint and Coral: Have Your Cake and Eat it, Too

I have a confession to make. I don't get how exactly a color reaches 'in' status. Who decides this? What makes one color trendier than another? And above all, when there are multiple 'it' colors, can they be worn together? 

If we as fashionistas get to make our own rules, then let's do it. Mint and coral are both 'trendy' colors this season. I say, wear them together. Have your cake and eat it, too!

Top and Belt: The Limited
Shorts: Old Navy
Sandals: Target
Fashion Tip of the Day: Be bold! Don't be afraid to be colorful! Color doesn't mean that you have to turn to neon. Neither my top nor my shorts are bright hues. Just grab a pair of shorts or a skirt, a top, and bam! Effortless fashion. A look like this beats looking scrubby, but it's just as easy as grabbing sweats and a tshirt.

Oh, and can I share some really exciting news with you?! Look what arrived in the mail today! My birthday present!! It wasn't supposed to arrive for another few weeks, so it was an incredibly awesome surprise!

Bubble Necklace!!
No, it's not from J. Crew. If you haven't noticed, I don't have that kind of money. It's from Amazon. {Search 'bubble necklace' - EnyaJewelry is the seller}

1 comment:

  1. Fun necklace! I just bought a cobalt blue one on ebay for $12! No way I'm spending $150 on a costume piece of jewelry. Cool blog and style! Inspirational! I'm your newest follower. Feel free to check out my blog @ monismix.blogspot.com.

    XO Monica

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...