Friday, July 13, 2012

Inspiration: Mustard and Navy


I've loved this image from the moment I saw it. I've just never had the navy skirt or the mustard sweater to re-create it. On a side note, I also loved a particular polka dot skirt from the moment I saw it. In an effort to come up with an outfit incorporating the skirt, I incidentally ended up re-creating the image. Go figure!

Top & Necklace: The Limited
Skirt: Banana Republic
Shoes: Merona c/o Target

Shoes: Anne Klein c/o DSW


Is my re-creation too far of a stretch to be able to be called a 're-creation'? (The skirt is actually navy, by the way.) And which shoes would you opt for? Suede wedges or a pattern cap toe heel? Can you wear a pattern shoe with a pattern skirt? {I do have nude flats, but I'm trying to wear more heels these days.}

5 comments:

  1. It's kind of like you summerized (not summarized, haha) the look. I think it totally counts as a re-creation, though. (: And I like your polka dots better.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. YES! You hit the nail on the head! I love that-- "summerized"! :)

      Delete
  2. I love this skirt! I've been looking for a navy skirt forever, I'll have to check out Banana Republic.
    I like your take on the outfit!
    Bryn

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The Limited had a navy lace skirt like the one seen above a few months ago, but the fit was just terrible for me. Maybe when fall rolls around we'll get more options!

      Delete
  3. Pattern cap toe heel. It completes the outfit. Like a cherry on top.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...