Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Fashion Experiment

Lately I've been trying to choose outfits based on what I haven't worn recently. For example, I've neglected this maxi for nearly a year now. (Seriously! This is the last time I wore it.)  I bought at least a dozen strapless dresses in 2011, half of which I ended up returning. In 2012, I avoided strapless dresses at all costs-- unless I found a way to cover them up.

Maxi Dress: The Limited
Top: The Limited - gift
Bracelets: all gifts (separate occasions)
Sandals: Simply Vera c/o Kohl's

This combination came together honestly because I had been thinking of including both of the pieces in my blog in the near future... and then I thought, why not kill two birds with one stone? Why not just throw on a top over a maxi dress like this? What do you think about this look? How else could this top be worn?

1 comment:

  1. I wish I could wear long skirts. I have the same top and have been trying to find ways to wear it. I never thought putting it over a dress like that, but now I'm going to run downstairs and give it a go because it looks AMAZING. Definitely the look I was going for when I bought the top. Just couldn't figure out how to use it.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...