Thursday, July 12, 2012

Baby Steps: Floral and Stripes

I'll admit it... I have yet to jump onto the mixing patterns bandwagon. In an effort to expand my style (and the potential of my closet), I have come to realize that there are two approaches I could take; either jump in, feet first, or, one toe at a time. I'm opting for the latter so that I don't wind up having a traumatic experience that will keep me from ever trying to mix prints again.


Tank: Old Navy
Skirt: Rafaella c/o Macy's (?) - gift
Jewelry: Forever 21, The Limited
Sandals: Tahari c/o DSW




You can (or might be able to see) that the skirt that is striped, but in such a way that it doesn't scream "I'm striped!!" I actually really ended up liking this look. Generally I swap out belts that come with skirts, but after a few failed attempts, I decided to stick with this one. After giving it some thought, I might omit a belt altogether the next time I try this look. What do you think of this outfit? Strengths? Weaknesses?

Just add a cardigan for a more office appropriate look!

3 comments:

  1. You know, I REALLY like this with the coral. And I totally take the belts and matching clothes apart usually, but it's working for this one.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This one looks GREAT with all those accessories. I am glad to see something else around your wrists other than black hair ties! ;) Also I am completely in love with that tank top from Old Navy.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...