Friday, June 8, 2012

Maximizing the Maxi Skirt

Tee & Necklace: The Limited
Skirt: Old Navy
When I first got this skirt, I wasn't sure what I would wear with it other than navy tops. I really only got it because I saw it on two other blogs, it was $4, and I need(ed) maxi skirts. The first time I wore this skirt, I paired it with mint and fuchsia. After that, I realized the sky's the limit. 

Since it's so easy to just flip on a solid-colored fitted tee with this skirt, I recommend keeping things spicy by focusing on the accessories. It's not necessary to pile them on - it's perfectly fine to keep it simple and let the color do the work (as seen above). What do you think? Other bloggers maintain that it is necessary to pair solid-colored tops with long necklaces; I don't agree, but is this outfit missing anything?

1 comment:

  1. You've offered some helpful tips for putting together a look centered around a maxi dress. The pops of bright, neon colors make this really trendy & perfect for the season. Keep posting & styling!
    http://www.ladiesoutfitters.com/blog

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...