Monday, May 28, 2012

All Tied Up

Occasion: Target run & Lunch
Dress: Charlotte Russe
Tshirt, Necklace, Bracelets: Forever 21
flip flops: Simply Vera c/o Kohl's

Happy Memorial Day! Now that I have ample time to experiment with trends, I decided to try out two in one outfit! First, the shirt tying trend. I saw Audrey do it over at Putting Me Together and Jessica at What I Wore  (only to name a few!). Then, the top over a dress trend. I saw Kayley do it over at Sidewalk Ready and J at J's Everyday Fashion (skip down to #6). In my opinion, the latter is the harder one to master. You're either left with leaving your top untucked (obviously) which renders a more casual look, or belting. 

The other reason I tried a re-mix with this dress is because it is really low cut. I've tried hiding that before with a cardigan (as seen here), but that look doesn't work in 90 degree heat. How do you hide cleavage? Did my t-shirt tying trick work? What do you think of this look?

2 comments:

  1. I never thought to tie a shirt. Did it stretch the shirt out? Have you tried this style in other ways?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I don't think it stretched out. I used a shirt I don't wear too often just in case anything happened. If you hike the shirt up as you tie it, it might prevent stretch-age.

      I haven't tried tying up shirts in any other way, but I've seen lots of other bloggers tie up button-up shirts. Maybe I'll give that a shot for you soon :)

      Delete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...