Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Pops of Yellow

Yes, I wore this shirt at the beginning of the semester. Yes, I wore it with black pants. But I have a good excuse! I had three other outfits planned, all revolving around a pair of grey pants. Well, little did I know that I gained weight. Enough to make the pants have an unflattering stretch to them in the front. So, I had to change my outfit (and I was already running late), nothing looked decent, and so I finally settled for this. 

... at least I had the yellow to give it a different feeling... 

Everything: The Limited
Flats: Dana Buchman c/o Kohl's

The one thing I'm not sure about is when does accent become accent overload? I was considering wearing a yellow skinny belt, but thought it was too much with the necklace and the flats. What do you think? Is there a magic number?

Oh, can we talk about these beauties?
Less than $10 at JCPenney. Pro: Umm can you say awesome? The sort of shoe I've been looking for, really. Con: only size 7. 5 available. I generally wear 8.5-9. I could fit in it. I was considering taking them home to test them out. Really, I'd only be wearing them to teach... Arg. What to do??

1 comment:

  1. Those flats are adorable! Love the yellow cap-toe. As for your question - I'd probably stick with two just like you have done and maybe do a contrasting color for another accessory if the rest of your outfit is neutral? I don't know. I don't think there's a rule!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...