Monday, April 9, 2012

Quality vs. Quantity

Top: Forever 21 - old
Pants: Apt. 9 c/o Kohl's - old
Not pictured: black heels:  Xhiliration c/o Target - old
This has been one of my favorite tops I've ever purchased. I got it three or four years ago. The only reason I don't wear it more often is because it's pilling. I am waiting for the day when Forever 21 re-releases it. I highly doubt they ever will. Lately many of my old clothes are becoming my favorites, mostly because of the quality. Is it just me or has quality plummeted recently? I bought a top from Forever 21 a few weeks ago, and it started unraveling on the hanger!

My mom told me when I was younger that I had to choose: either have a lot of cheap clothes, or a few high-quality (expensive) clothes. Naturally, my philosophical self asked, "Why can't I have lots of high-quality clothes?" I see her point, nonetheless, and try to find high-quality clothes at affordable prices. Some stores have pleased me when it comes to a cost:quality ratio, provided that I have coupons.

What do you prefer? Lots of low-quality or a minimal amount of high-quality? Or have you found a way to get the best of both worlds? (Share!)

1 comment:

  1. Best of both worlds: quality on the clearance rack or quality plus a coupon! I do find that if it's an item that I know fits me well and I know will be a classic staple in my wardrobe, I'll pay a little more for it. Otherwise it's cheapsters all the way (unless I have a coupon or it's on clearance, as I said above!)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...