Tuesday, April 3, 2012

Effortless Style: Navy and Floral

I was contemplating going to class today in jeans and a tee, until I thought of my blog and this awesome streak I'm on. Here's a great example of what I mean when I say this blog is all about effortless style:

Polo: American Eagle - old/gift*
Cardigan: Old Navy - old/gift*
Scarf: The Limited
Jeans: Charlotte Russe
Cognac flats: Steve Madden c/o DSW
*[I'm not really sure what to call it when my article of clothing is so old, it's back from the days when my mom would buy the majority of my clothing.] 

Did I ever mention that I love navy and white together? Maybe after the semester is over, I'll work on some flashbacks/ one piece, X ways - type projects. Just an idea...

I haven't worn a polo in ages, mostly because I just don't know how to wear one without looking masculine. I've seen bloggers recommend wearing it with something feminine, like a skirt, or heels, but I'm still not sold. Do you wear polos? If you do, is there a particular way you like to jazz them up? How do you wear them?

1 comment:

  1. I used to wear polo shirts all the time too - until I worked with engineers who wore them every day in warmer weather. I haven't put one on now in YEARS, because like you said - they just make me feel too masculine! I love that scarf - I am a big fan of throwing a pretty patterned scarf over an otherwise simple outfit and calling it a day!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...