Tuesday, March 6, 2012

Surfin' Safari?

Yep. It's that time of the year. When the work piles up, and the stress comes full force. I'm trying hard not to let it get to me - I even went for a run this afternoon. You can tell by my outfit today that I wasn't really going for any particular look... other than clothed.


Everything: the Limited


Looking at this outfit now, I can say that I went for an army brat look? The jacket is technically a "safari jacket" but it makes me think of the army. I don't know why. Probably the color? I apologize for the inaccuracy of this photo- I just wanted to take it, get changed, go run, and get on with my work for the night. (I still have 15 essays to grade - I've decided that my students can wait until Friday to get them so I can get sleep and hopefully be productive tomorrow.) Really, the white of the sleeves wasn't showing, I pulled the shirt down, but too far down, so the difference between the jacket and shirt length looks a lot bigger than it actually was, and I retied the scarf right before I snapped the pic. I'll try to get a detail shot one of these days.


I'm frustrated with the weather. It's decided to skip spring, go straight into early summer, but keep things mild with really intense wind. I've never heard of a "wind advisory" before moving here. Weather.com said "severe winds may cause power outages". That was really bizarre for me.

The other bizarre moment of the day that I have to share real quick was when one of my (male) colleagues commented on "how high" my belt was. I had to stop to think how to answer that question, and when I turned to a (female) colleague she just said, "It's not high." Not helpful, but it lead to an awkward conversation about belts vs buckles vs ties on jackets. This marks the first time in a long time my outfit has been a conversation started (besides with my go-to colleague for fashion... with whom I may just go shopping this weekend!!). 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...