Friday, March 2, 2012

Red, White, and Brown

 TGIF.
Necklace: Forever 21
Everything else: The Limited
Not pictured: Cognac Steve Madden flats
I actually had a much different outfit planned for today, but decided that I didn't feel like wearing a skirt since it was supposed to be cold and rainy during the early afternoon. That, and I was kindly reminded by the nice weather yesterday that there is going to be a heck of a lot of warm weather down the road... plenty of opportunity to wear skirts then. So, when I looked at my pants, I narrowed it down quite quickly when I eliminated black pants and my quasi-navy pants that desperately need to be hemmed. These were pretty much what I was left with (they're brown, if you can't tell). Yesterday I told myself that I would wear stuff I haven't worn in a long time, and try to keep some variety in there. I knew I hadn't only worn this cardigan with its matching cami a couple times, and I had actually considered wearing this cardigan on Wednesday but decided it was too bright and I wasn't in that type of mood. I was going to go with the same necklace I wore yesterday but reminded myself of that magic word 'variety' and immediately thought of this necklace with this belt to match. Voila.

Yes, I did wear this belt and necklace in a different way here, but I think I pulled it off much better this time. It's gotta be because framing the necklace with an open cardigan just doesn't work.

Don't be surprised if you see a similar outfit down the road - I might just replace the brown pants with blue. Or a cobalt skirt. Who knows?


Did you enjoy my rant from Wednesday? Here's another one, this time on Glee.



I am a week behind on Glee (since Hulu won't let you watch an episode until 7 days after it originally aired). I knew it was going to happen. *Spoiler alert* As soon as Quinn was in the car, I knew she was going to get in an accident. How did I know? Because this past week's episode - "On My Way" - should have been called "Life Lessons", or something along those lines. It's like the writers sat down and said "what are the most important things we can teach kids?" 1. Don't make fun of people - it can lead them to kill themselves. 2. Don't be affected by what others think of you. 3. Don't text and drive. Seriously. I mean, I knew last week something bad was going to happen in this episode. I just hoped we would have been able to see more of the new character. Such a breath of fresh air. Voice of an angel.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...