Monday, March 12, 2012

Fire and Water: Red-Orange & Aqua

Remember how grading essays ruined my excitement for wearing a particular outfit I had planned to wear? Well, I thought today was as good a day as any to wear it. To be honest though, I had my doubts last night, but since I wasn't feeling inspired enough to get out of bed and try to come up with something else, I decided this was Monday's outfit.

Everything: The Limited
Not pictured: Black wedges: Target
Occasion: Teaching
Inspiration: J's Everyday Fashion



Click the link to see the corresponding inspiration photo. Ever since a former co-worker from the Limited told me that dark red and aqua/teal don't go together, I've shuddered every time I've seen it; there's just something about mixing hot fire with cold ice colors that doesn't seem to work for me. However, there is something quite attractive about red and blue together. I figured the way to fix the former problem is simply to tone-down (no pun intended) the red (to an orange-red) and try to warm up the blue. I thought that this worked out quite nicely. And then Jared told me that I didn't match. I reminded him that he was color blind and that these colors do complement one another. 

I am still wondering who is right. What do you think? Would you wear these colors together? (Why/why not?)

On a side note, I didn't plan on wearing this outfit with tights. Last night, weather.com reported the weather would be in the 70s today. I just didn't notice until this morning that it would be 50 when I left for school and wouldn't hit 70 until late afternoon. Oh well. Given the black belt and stripes, it was an easy fix and it worked out quite well.

In other news... The Limited put out a couple of new things... some are super cute. Check out my "If I had an unlimited fashion budget" post below. 

The pink stuff is obviously my favorite... the top two, the bright pink jacket, the henley, the polka dots, the pink jeans... and anything with lace on it. Sigh. Decisions, decisions.


LOVE x 100
love the color
undecided
cute
adorable
love the detail
classic
love the lace
yes please!!
unique
polka!
love love love
pink skinny > red
undecided
x marks the spot
hmmm

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...