Friday, March 16, 2012

Polka & Pink

I decided last week when I got this skirt that it would be perfect for the Friday before break. Unfortunately, I didn't know what I was going to wear with it until about five minutes before heading out the door. That would explain why it looks so last minute. Oh well. 

Top: The Limited
Skirt: Loft
Tights: Target (?)
Flats: Payless
Top in more detail: click here
Cardigan: Old Navy - old


Bummer moment: I couldn't find my good black cardigan this morning so I had to settle for my really old, oversized one instead. The classroom I teach in is so cold! Remind me to add to my list of Things I Can't Stand: When there is a huge difference between the temperature outside and the temperature inside, winter excluded. I'm fine with it being 70 inside when it's 20 outside. But when it's 80 outside, it shouldn't be 60-some inside! I shouldn't be shivering indoors on days when I'm sweating outside. Am I right, or am I right?

I am a little disappointed with this skirt to be honest. I'm not sure if it has anything to do with the fact that I was wearing tights with it, and tights tend to make things fit less well (in the case of shoes, for one). I tend to wear a 2 in skirts at The Limited, and even then, I couldn't squeeze into a 0. This skirt is from the Loft, and is a size 0. Sitting down, it does a weird flap thing. Standing up, I feel it shifts around. I really wanted this skirt because of how bright pink it was. I didn't realize until actually getting on campus how bright that brightness really was. 

Borderline unprofessional? Maybe.

But who cares?? I'm on Spring Break!! 

I might be MIA this week - I have no plans except to grade lots and lots of essays and to work on three term papers. I do have a shopping date planned for Monday, so I'll at least come back to give you the 411 on that.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...