Thursday, March 29, 2012

Back to Basics

This outfit is probably the most "me" thing I've worn in a while (excluding the jeans and sweater from Sunday). [What is going on with the photo, by the way? I was wearing a colorful flower tank underneath, but it has made the top look grainy?!]

Occasion: Class
Inspiration: Pinterest
Tee, Belt, Bracelets: The Limited
Skirt: Old Navy
Black (elephant) necklace: Forever 21
Blue (flower) necklace: ??? gift??
Flip flops: Simply Vera c/o Kohl's
This skirt has worked out so great for me! I got it recently at Old Navy for $4! The price tag was missing, but there was a price sticker on the size tag. Even though it rung up at $12 something, they gave it to me for the price on the tag! Woot!

Growing up, I used to wear jeans and a tshirt on a daily basis. When I was in 7th grade, one of my "friends" (I use the term loosely; acquaintance/neighbro would be more appropriate) wanted to give me a "makeover". So, we went to the mall, and she tried to pick out clothes for me. This essentially consisted of her dragging me to American Eagle and similar stores, and trying to force me to buy what was on the tables. I appeased her by buying an orange gingham button up. Little would I know how much I regretted buying in three sizes bigger than I needed. [I still have yet to own a gingham button up. I feel so deprived. First world problems much?]

Point being, I obviously ended up expanding my wardrobe, but I couldn't (and still can't) help but fall back on jeans and tshirts, or a good black or white top with a colorful bottom. Lately I've been wondering whether what I am wearing is really my style, or if I'm just wearing someone else's style. Do you have ever have exi-style-ential (existential) crises? 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...